Chrome beta denied [Google changed the certificate, will approve soon]

sniem
sniem
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Chrome (latest x64 Beta Version 72.0.3626.17) is suddenly seen as untrusted. I'm advised to check the logs but no further help is given.
What's wrong? What to do? Error messages should be more helpful. And the extension should work as expected.

"Refusing helper connection from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome Beta\Application\chrome.exe", because of untrusted publisher Google LLC.

Reboot didn't help.

It worked fine yesterday.

1Password Version: 7.3 Beta 2
Extension Version: 4.7.3.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro German x64 1809 (17763.194)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @sniem,

Thanks for reporting that, I am not seeing that here.

Can you make sure Chrome is not pending an update? If it is, it'll cause that issue. Click three dots on top right of Chrome to select Help > About Google Chrome, it may have an update for you.

After that, restart Chrome and see if 1Password works.

The errors would be in your diagnostics report, but as you found, 1Password is rejecting because Chrome's certificate is not trusted by Windows.

• mscrivo
    mscrivo
    Community Member

Seeing the same thing here, they must have changed their publishing cert in the latest chrome beta?

I'm using Chrome Version 72.0.3626.17 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) and 1Password latest beta for windows.

• MikeT
    edited December 2018

Hi guys,

I just tested the Chrome beta version again and it looks like they did change their certificate on the 12th.

We'll review it and whitelist their certificate in the next beta update.

For now, use the stable version of Chrome until we get the next beta update out (and 1Password 7.2 stable as well).

• sully7
    sully7
    Community Member

^^^ Running into the same issue. Glad to hear that the team is already on it though :)

Keep up the great work!! <3<3

• crisbennett
    crisbennett
    Community Member

Looks like Google's using the new cert in the stable version of Chrome now also - I'm getting the refusal with today's 71.0.3578.98

• We've shipped the 7.2.617 update to the stable channel to work around the expired Chrome 71 certificate but it supports the new certificate from Chrome 72 Beta as well.

We'll be shipping a beta update tomorrow with the same fixes.

• While Chrome beta is signed with new publisher name, Chrome stable is signed with expired (today) certficate.

• crisbennett
    crisbennett
    Community Member

Thanks for the updates & nice work as always ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! Thanks for letting us know. Glad you're all set, but we're here if you need anything else. :)

• sniem
    sniem
    Community Member

Great work, Chrome extension works fine again with Beta 3.
    (Sent from Chrome 72 Beta 72.0.3626.17 signed in with 1pw Beta 3)

• Glad it works now! Thanks for letting us know :)

This discussion has been closed.