Adding 1Password to new device it says free trial. I already have a subscrption.

curtpusa
curtpusa
Community Member

I have an annual subscription to 1Password. Adding new iPhone for my wife. Tried to download 1Password app from Apple App Store. When opened it is telling me this is a free trial. Thought this was good for all my devices in the house. Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to sign into the app to let it know I have a subscription?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:Adding 1Password to new device it says free trial. I already have a subscrption.

Comments

• kawaikini
    kawaikini
    Community Member

Same here.
    And we sync through Dropbox. When I finally succeed in logging into existing account, how get it to sync?
    Thank you very much.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@curtpusa: It sounds like you selected the trial option instead of signing into your existing 1Password.com account. Please reinstall the app and do that instead this time. Also, make sure you haven't signed up for multiple subscriptions:

https://support.1password.com/apple-subscription/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kawaikini: With a 1Password.com membership, you don't need to configure sync anymore. Once you have migrated your data to your account, you just need to sign into it on each device:

https://support.1password.com/add-account/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• curtpusa
    curtpusa
    Community Member

When I download the 1Password app to her iPhone, it looks like I have two options. 1) Try for Free or 2) “Aready using 1Passwod?” When I try selecting that second option, nothing happens. It does not take me to another screen to sign in. Appears my only active option is to “Try for Free.”

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@curtpusa: Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• curtpusa
    curtpusa
    Community Member

Attached is the screen shot.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@curtpusa: Sorry for he confusion there! That's what I thought you meant, but wasn't sure. "Already using 1Password?" is not a button; it's a header. Scroll down, and you can select "1Password.com" to sign in. :)

• curtpusa
    curtpusa
    Community Member

Thank you. Feel a little stupid now for not doing the obvious!

• No need to feel stupid; it would be nice if we could make the fact there is more content below more clear.

Ben

• kawaikini
    kawaikini
    Community Member

Duh. Went with Dropbox; got is working now.
    Thank you very much for your support.

• You're very welcome @kawaikini.

Ben

• Watertight
    Watertight
    Community Member

I've got what seems to be a similar problem. Have a new iPad mini and the same "New to 1Password?" Screen for 1PW7 as @curtpusa encountered. I'm set up to be self-contained, using 1Password 6.8.9 and doing all my synching locally among my Macs and devices with a folder on a USB stick or a WLAN that has worked fine for my iPhones and iPads -- until now. I don't see any path on the new iPad (iOS 11.4.1) that will let me set up using the WLAN sync from my "master" Mac. When I pick the "WLAN Server" from the pick list for "Already using 1Password, I get a blank screen. I'm clearly missing something here -- can you help, Ben (or brenty) ? I'd like to have this new instance continue to be 1PW6 and use my present vault.

Thanks, Terry

• curtpusa
    curtpusa
    Community Member

I was using 1Password ver 7+ in trying to activate my new device. Not sure if it will work the same for you with the 6.8.9 version, but all I had to do was download the 1Password app from the Apple App Store, launch it on the new device and scroll down to log into my 1Password account. It immediately recognized me & synced the new device to my personal vault.

• @curtpusa Thanks for the assistance, however @Watertight isn't using a 1Password account, so unfortunately that will not help in this case.

Ben

• @Watertight

Can you please try selecting the option to create a new standalone vault, and then set up syncing with the WLAN server once the new vault is established on iOS?

Ben

• Watertight
    Watertight
    Community Member

I'll give that a try, Ben. Thanks for the speedy reply. I may not get to it until tomorrow (about to leave for a "Polar Express" event at our local library -- for our younger members). I'll report back on the results when I try the new standalone vault/WLAN maneuver!

Terry

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. We'll be here. :)

• Watertight
    Watertight
    Community Member

Ben -- apologies for a one week delay in following up with your suggested fix. It's a wicked busy time of year.

I've selected the new vault option and am now asked for a master password. Do I use my present one or make a new one that would then somehow be superseded by my present one once the WLAN sync works?

Thanks. Terry

• Terry

That is up to you. You can do either. I'd recommend using the same Master Password you currently use.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.