Clean OS Install Procedure Requested

Options
Gordon101
Gordon101
Community Member

It appears I need to perform a clean installation of the Mac OS - currently on 10.14.1 with various odd behaviors. My wife and I are on a Family Plan and only used a single "Shared Vault. About the first thing I want to do after reinstallation of the OS and Apple programs will be getting 1PW up and going. (I do use strong passwords and have a lot of things to "recover" such as Microsoft Office Subscriptions.

Can you provide me with a recommended procedure or sequence?

1Password Version: 7.2.2 (70202007)
Extension Version: 7.2.2
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: Beats Me
Referrer: forum-search:Clean OS installation

Comments

• Hello @Gordon101 ,

I would be happy to help guide you through that process. The steps I would recommend are as follows:

1. Make sure you, and your wife have your Emergency Kits handy. You can download your Emergency Kit from your profile page on my.1password.com.

2. Alternatively you can get your secret keys from any of the 1Password apps. If you have 1Password on your phones, you can use that app to help set up 1Password on the Mac. https://support.1password.com/secret-key/

3. Make sure you have the correct master passwords for your accounts. This is very important, as you will need both the correct secret key and correct master password when setting up 1Password after the reinstall.

4. Great! Now you have all the information you will need when setting up 1Password after the reinstall.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help along the way.

This discussion has been closed.