I upgraded to a family account and cannot sign on

Options
rjones6733
rjones6733
Community Member

I upgraded to a family plan. Cannot login or sync devices anymore. How can I get back on track?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:help

Comments

• rjones6733
    rjones6733
    Community Member
    Options

Is it possible to speak or chat with someone in support?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @rjones6733!

Is it possible to speak or chat with someone in support?

Indeed, that's why you came here, isn't it? ;) If you mean a live chat or telephone support, then no, we don't offer that for 1Password. But I'm more than happy to help you right here.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "cannot login or sync devices anymore," but I did notice that you said you're using 1Password 4 for Windows. If you created a 1Password Families account, you won't be able to use version 4 with that, as that version is quite old and was written before we created 1password.com accounts. Fortunately, your new 1password.com account includes access to the latest version of ALL of our native 1Password apps on all four platforms (Mac, Windows, iOS and Android), so the first thing to do is download and install 1Password 7 for Windows. Then, you'll want to make sure to follow the rest of the instructions at that link to transfer your data from version 4 into version 7. Especially don't forget to uninstall 1Password 4 for Windows once you're done with the conversion/migration process. Let us know if you run into any difficulties. :)

• rjones6733
    rjones6733
    Community Member
    Options

Seems like I've been here before...
    I have an email dated 9/14/18 welcoming me to a family account.
    What I discovered is that I have a Secret Key for that family account on my iPhone and never completed the Windows upgrade to 1Password V7. When tried to login on your website with that Secret Key it appears that I do not know the master password.
    So I created a new family account on my 1Password for Windows v7 and will need to sync my other devices to it. Should I remove 1Password on my iphone and reinstall syncing to the new account? Or is there a way to change my existing settings to sync with the new account.
    Last, how ever this turns out I'll need to delete one of the 2 accounts I created and paying for monthly.
    It would sure be nice to have a one-on-one session with someone to straighten this out. I do not like your support model!

• Hello @rjones6733,

If you have the correct secret key and master password for the newer account, you can reset the apps and set them up again from scratch with the new account.

Instructions on resetting the apps can be found here: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

If you would like to delete one of your accounts please contact our support team and request they assist you in deleting that older account.

You can contact support here: https://support.1password.com/contact/

This discussion has been closed.