1Password not syncing; working for 2 days on this!!! Grrrrr

mflipm
mflipm
Community Member
edited December 2018 in Families

Syncing to your website. Mac Desktop: 3 Vaults; MacBook Pro: One user has 4 Vaults including one previously deleted; the other user displays correctly; iPhone: 3 Vaults but does not display the information of one of the Vaults; iPad seems to work the way it should.

Version 7.2.2

Mac. 10.14.2

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password not syncing; working for 2 days on this!!! Grrrrr

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mflipm: If you're not using a sync method, that would explain it. I'd suggest setting it up:

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

If you are using a sync method, please let me know which one. You've omitted that information from your post.

• mflipm
    mflipm
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

I am moving from a standalone license to a family (trial) membership. I saved the old vault to my desktop. I assume that setting up the family membership on your website would automatically sync the various devices that I download the app to. Am I incorrect? Or is there an extra step for syncing? I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app on several devices. In my wife’s account on my MacBook Pro, I could not delete the app; i kept getting the error message that 1password could not be deleted while it was running; (it was not running.) Finally I resorted to “troubleshooting” under the help menu, and that did reinstall the app — with one extra vault that I had previously deleted. All of my apps/os are up to date.

Just checked, and my iPhone account is working properly; but it did not work at all yesterday. Does this mean that syncing with the 1Password website is sluggish?

Will check my laptop later...

• Hello @mflipm,

Having a Family account added to the 1Password app will only sync data for the family account. Data from your stand alone vault will not sync unless you move the contents of that vault over to the Family account vaults.

Instructions on moving items from one vault to another can be found here: https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items/

Did you laptop sync over yet? If it's working properly on your iPhone now, that means that the vault data has migrated over to 1Password.

Let us know and we'll go from there.

• mflipm
    mflipm
    Community Member

Yes of course – I am not trying to sync my old account. However, things seem to be working smoothly now. I went into my wife's account on my laptop and manually deleted the erroneous vault. Automatically syncing now, though I sometimes have to switch vaults to see the updated information. Keeping my fingers crossed: moving on to setting up my wife's iPhone and iPad.

• OK glad to hear it's working for you now. Please let us know if you run into any issues when setting up your other devices.

This discussion has been closed.