pONd74
pONd74
Community Member

Hello,

i have the family cloud version.
1Password 7
Version 7.2.2 (70202006)
AgileBits Store

I have an problem with the sync process of the database.

For example:
I startet 1Password at my iMac and then i work with other things or i start the standby sleep. And now, when i work with 1Password at my iOS device or at my windows pc, like change an password at some login.

And then i go to my iMac, i get not the changes, because the sync process is not started.

The only way is to start the sync process is: a) Reboot my iMac or b) logout of 1Password7 an login, then i get the new database version.

Is there an button, to sync manually?

Björn

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pONd74

Could you please check each of your devices and see if you have a vault named "Primary" on any of them?

Ben

• pONd74
    pONd74
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Ben,

no, there is no "Primary" vault. I have two vaults:

1. Private
    2. Shared

Björn

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pOnd74 - thanks for confirming that. If there are no local (standalone) vaults present (which is what Ben was checking), then the other possibility for this is something to do with local network configuration. Something either on-device or at your network level is likely blocking the ability of the 1Password for Mac to receive notifications from the server. Do you have proxies, network filters, antivirus programs or other such software (or even hardware) set up?

• pONd74
    pONd74
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Lars,

at my Mac or iOS device is no firewall, proxy or anti-virus software. If i start 1Password after system-boot, 1Password get all actually data, but if i edit something at my ios Device oder my windows PC, my iMac get not this edit. Only, i make an reboot of my imac or logoff and then new login of 1Password.
    An button for an manually synch would be an advantage.

Björn

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pONd74 - 1password.com accounts really don't work like that: the notifier is always on, which means "pushes" (that's the best way to think of it) come through nearly instantaneously. When they don't, it tends to be a factor of local device or network conditions that are interfering with the notifier receiving the signal from the server.

• pONd74
    pONd74
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Lars,
    ok, now i understand you. But i don't know, how to find the reason. I use no proxy, antivirus-program. My iMac is direct at the router (FRITZ-BOX) via lan.

Björn

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pONd74: I hear you. It can be a pain to troubleshoot network issues. I used to do that all day every day. There are just so many different parts involved. Definitely restart the router and your devices, as there may just be something hung up. Then try creating a test item in the app and web browser on each device, and let me know the result.

• pONd74
    pONd74
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @brenty ,

i test it. I get problems with my iPhone 6Plus. Since yesterday, i bought an iPhone XR. The first test are not good. I made a new login at my iPhone, but i get this new entry at my iMac, only when i logoff at 1Password (iMac) and login at 1Password (iMac).

The next test works fine with the new iPhone. I will test it in the next time.

Björn

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Congratulations on the new phone! Just keep in mind that you'd need to open the iOS app in order for it to sync data.

This discussion has been closed.