1Password 7 on Mojave hides main window

Options
Absolute
Absolute
Community Member

Since upgrading to Mojave on a 2018 MacBook Pro with Touch, I keep having to go to the Windows menu and click on '1Paasword' to show all my logins etc. If I then swap to another program and back to 1Password, the window is hidden again.

The Command \ still works fine in web browsers though

1Password Version: Version 7.2.2 (70202006)
Extension Version: 7.2.2
OS Version: OS X 10.14.1
Sync Type: 1Password account
Referrer: forum-search:1Password window hides

Comments

• Hi Mike,

When you switch to 1Password are you using Command-Tab or clicking in the Dock?

• scottferros
    scottferros
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also seeing this. I will command+h to hide 1Password, which will then bring up the next running app, then I'll command+tab to get back to 1Password. I'll see the 1Password menu bar, but not the main window. I have to click the 1Password app icon in the dock to get the main window back. Thanks for the great app!

• Hi @scottferros ,

Which version are you using? Also, which version of macOS are you using? I'm trying to reproduce your issue but am having difficulty. I'm using the latest version of 1Password and macOS 10.14.2.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• scottferros
    scottferros
    Community Member
    Options

My apologies, forgot to include these details in my haste. I'm running 1Password 7.2.2 on macOS 10.14.2.

• skopcho
    skopcho
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also seeing this same behavior on the same versions as @scottferros. I'm not sure when it started, but I feel like it was happening before the 10.14.2 update.

• We have some fixes coming for when the main window is miniaturized to the dock. But this report seems like something we have not fixed yet.

Do you have exact steps to reproduce the bad behavior?

When I Command-H to hide and the Command-Tab back to 1Password, the window reappears as desired. When this is not happening for you, can you describe in some more detail what steps you are performing. It should be something we can fix once we are able to reproduce the behavior.

• squidwards
    squidwards
    Community Member
    Options

Decided to chime in about this unexpected behavior because I’m seeing it on High Sierra.

1Password 7 version 7.2.2 (70202006) AgileBits Store
    Mac Pro mid-2012 macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra

Use Cmd+H to hide the app
    Bring app to the front using any method (Cmd-tab, dock, quit everything else)
    Main window is not visible — apparently has been closed
    Make it visible again using menu bar 1Password > Window > 1Password

100% repeatable for me.

Speculation: the fix for apple-issues#1157 accidentally causes the main window to be dismissed whenever the main app is hidden.

Hope that helps. This is my first post to the forum so if you need to know more just ask!

• scottferros
    scottferros
    Community Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Please view a screen recording here - https://streamable.com/60ycp

Steps to reproduce:
    1 - open 1Password 7
    2 - hide 1Password 7 (command+h)
    3 - next app in usage order becomes active (Safari in this case)
    4 - switch back to 1Password 7 (command+tab)
    5 - 1Password 7 becomes active, but main window is hidden
    6 - click dock icon to show 1Password 7 main window again
    7 - hide 1Password 7 again (command+h)
    8 - switch through a couple different apps running (command+tab, Sublime Text and Safari in this case)
    9 - switch back to 1Password 7 (command+tab)
    10 - 1Password 7 becomes active, but main window is hidden again
    11 - from menu bar, select Window > 1Password to show 1Password 7 main window again

Also confirmed this behaviour with a colleagues' machine. We're both on mid 2015 MacBook Pros running macOS Mojave 10.14.2 and 1Password 7.2.2.

Let me know if you'd like anything further.

• squidwards
    squidwards
    Community Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Correction to my post above. After seeing @scottferros steps, I retried my steps.

Cmd+tab the main window is missing
    Click on Dock icon the main window is visible

Sorry my bad earlier about the Dock behavior. I use Cmd-tab 99% of the time. Thought I had tried Dock icon, too, but apparently not until just now.

I can add that I've been seeing this behavior since mid-November (not recalling a specific date). Just today decided to see if anyone else was experiencing the issue and landed here.

• squidwards
    squidwards
    Community Member
    Options

Additional behavior

Any app besides 1Password in front
    Hide others using Option+Cmd+H (or AppMenu > Hide Others)
    Bring 1Password to the front using Cmd + tab
    1Password main window is missing

Point being that this is another method of hiding 1Password, after which the main window is missing when recalled by Cmd+tab.

In this scenario, clicking the Dock icon does work to show the main window, just as it does after using Cmd+H.

• Thanks for the info. Are any of you running the beta? https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7#beta

• squidwards
    squidwards
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for looking into this. :-)

No, I haven't tried the beta. If you think a fix is in there I might have time later to set up a second environment and test it, but at this particular moment I'm not in position to try it in my regular operation.

• From my testing, this issue exists in 7.2.2, but is fixed in the 7.2.3-betas. We are near the end of this beta, and will ship a final shortly.

• scottferros
    scottferros
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, not running the beta. Thanks for looking at this for us :)

• squidwards
    squidwards
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't had a chance to try the beta (sounds encouraging, though), however I did check a different system today.

1Password 7 Version 7.1.2 (70102000) AgileBits Store

10.12.6 Sierra
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

The problem does not exist.

If I get to try the beta I'll post my results.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@scottferros and @squidwards - thanks for hanging in with us. Let us know if you try the betas what the results are. And definitely let us know if you install the next stable-release update and the problem persists. Thanks!

• squidwards
    squidwards
    Community Member
    Options

Ta da! I just now installed

1Password 7
    Version 7.2.4 (70204000)
    AgileBits Store

and the problem is gone. Thanks for that, and Happy Christmas to the AgileBits team!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@squidwards - awesome! I'm glad to hear that solved the issue for you. Let us know if you run into anything else, and have a fantastic Christmas as well! :)

• scottferros
    scottferros
    Community Member
    Options

I've just installed 7.2.4 and the app is now working as expected, issue resolved! Thanks guys, and happy holidays! :)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @scottferros. Happy holidays. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.