To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Converting from Personal to Family Subscription

Options
mikebikes
mikebikes
Community Member

Here's my dilemma.
My wife subscribed to a personal license via iTunes.
We have an iTunes family account and I was then licensed via her subscription.
She lost her master password and tried to start over and started the process of a family trial.
She now has an apple subscription and entered credit card info to start her trial.
We thought she could then invite me via the new family license/account but when I tried to access it wanted me to create a new 1password.com account.
And how do we sort the monthly licensing? I'm happy to pay directly via credit card or iTunes subscription but I can't find family subscription via itunes.
So; the question is; how do we get this sorted?

Michael

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mikebikes: In order to pay for a 1Password Families membership through iTunes, you'd need to have signed up for a 1Password Families membership through the app. That probably sounds silly, but the point is that App Store subscriptions just aren't flexible enough to allow for membership types to be changed there after the fact. So you've got two options:

• Sign up for a new 1Password Families membership through the App Store, so that you can invite your loved ones and pay for it there.
    • Switch the existing membership to billing through the website so you can manage the plan and billing there.

In either case, you'll want to cancel the current subscription with Apple so you don't end up paying for more than one:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

And if you choose the latter option, shoot us an email at sales@1password.com so we can help you switch. :)

• mikebikes
    mikebikes
    Community Member
    Options

Can I migrate my existing 1Password account over to a Family Subscription? I just cancelled the personal edition.

• @mikebikes

Yes we can definitely help you convert the individual account over to a family account. There is a process to that though.

1. Cancel the Apple App Store subscription. Which it looks like you've done

2. Contact support and let them know you've cancelled the subscription and provide them a link to this forum thread: https://support.1password.com/contact/

3. You will probably need to sign up for billing through 1Password.com before you can upgrade to a family account, but the support team will guide you through that.

Please reply here with the Support ID for the ticket you create, and we'll follow up to make sure you are taken care of.

• mikebikes
    mikebikes
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the help. Here's my case :#IFW-73524-683

If theres anything that can be done about this as well; I had paid for an annual personal subscription and now want to convert to a family annual. If that can be taken into account; great. If not I'll gladly pay, can't live without this app. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the kind words! I'll get back to you via email shortly, and help you get everything setup so you -- and your loved ones -- can continue enjoying 1Password. :)

ref: IFW-73524-683

This discussion has been closed.