To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

first time user. Cant even log in

Options
Hemanitor
Hemanitor
Community Member

do not know what to do. Do know how to set up. Very confusing

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chart with agent

Comments

• Hemanitor
    Hemanitor
    Community Member
    Options

I have registered with my mail, visa account, site password, vault password. But when I try to start up the Mac app, it asked me to start my trial (which would force me to repeat the registration steps above again) or choose one of the 4 options below used 1Password before (But I do not have the setup code to move on). Something that I am missing?

• Hemanitor
    Hemanitor
    Community Member
    Options

How can I go from trial to member immediately without waiting for the 7 days

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:go from trial to member immediately

• qRorschach
    qRorschach
    Community Member
    Options

I believe if you login to your account you can process payment on the billing portal. I was able to do it so that I could send out my Thanksgiving gift.

• Hemanitor
    Hemanitor
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot log in, as it seems I am not an official member yet (as I am still in the trial period). How can I work through this circular logic?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2018
    Options

Hi @Hemanitor

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble, but the problem isn't that you're within the trial period. Where did you originally sign up? Are you able to sign in to your account there? If so please print an Emergency Kit which will have the information you need to sign in elsewhere:

Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password

For example, if you signed up using a web browser on a computer please try signing in using that same web browser on that same computer.

Ben

• Hemanitor
    Hemanitor
    Community Member
    Options

I was never given any password and there is no emergency kit.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Hemanitor: You wouldn't have been given a password; you would have had to choose a Master Password to even sign up. You could not have an account without doing that. If you have forgotten the Master Password you chose, we can help you delete the account to start over with a new one. Just email us at sales@1password.com and we'll go from there.

• Hemanitor
    Hemanitor
    Community Member
    Options

I have my "$2.99 personal" annual subscription kicked in and I have paid the $9.99 one-time premium subscription charge.

When I go into the Account section in setting, it asked me to Singin: "add Existing Account" or "Try for free". I have paid and I supposed that I am not trying for free anymore... but I do not have the "account details" nor the "setup QR code" available to log in (I think I have everything else but not the "secret key").!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Hemanitor: Thanks for clarifying. I'm sorry for the confusion. There is no "$9.99 one-time premium subscription charge"; that in-app purchase is specifically for the Pro Features only in 1Password for iOS. You will not have a membership with that, it's just for this version of the app.

A 1Password.com membership subscription account is different, as it includes all of the apps and updates. You will need to have the account credentials you setup when you signed up for it in order to login:

• Sign In Address (this is NOT your email address)
    • Email address
    • Secret Key
    • Master Password

What you have filled in there will not work. If you go to https://start.1password.com/profile in the browser you used when setting up your account, or have signed into it in before, you can enter your Master Password to be able to get your Emergency Kit and view your account credentials. Please save them in case you ever need them again.

• Hemanitor
    Hemanitor
    Community Member
    Options

I do not have the Sign In Address nor do I have the Secret key then. I I think I have my Master Password. I do not know what went wrong? Without these, what should I do?

• Hemanitor
    Hemanitor
    Community Member
    Options

The key question is: The "$2.99 personal" annual subscription already covers the membership you mentioned, right?

If already included how could I miss the sign in address and the secret key?

Should a reset to my account and a re-setup resolve my issue? I was subscribing via iTunes.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I do not have the Sign In Address nor do I have the Secret key then. I I think I have my Master Password. I do not know what went wrong? Without these, what should I do?

@Hemanitor: If you signed up for the membership, you definitely would have had those. Whether or not you lost them, I don't know. Did you try signing into the website in your browser like I suggested?

The key question is: The "$2.99 personal" annual subscription already covers the membership you mentioned, right?

Correct...

If already included how could I miss the sign in address and the secret key?

You could have misplaced them, or just never saved them...

Should a reset to my account and a re-setup resolve my issue? I was subscribing via iTunes.

But I'm wondering if maybe you setup a subscription through iTunes separate from your 1Password.com account. I'll follow up with you via email to get some additional details.

ref: VIM-63839-676

• Hemanitor
    Hemanitor
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Pls email me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I did already when I said I would. Please check your email. ;)

• Hemanitor
    Hemanitor
    Community Member
    Options

replied

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! I'll close this and we can continue the conversation there to avoid confusion. :)

This discussion has been closed.