Firefox 1PW extension keeps logging out on me!

Options
bluesky
bluesky
Community Member

I've been using 1PW for years on a Mac. I just switched to a new computer, upgraded to High Sierra, and so had to reinstall 1PW and its extension on my browsers. I'm currently on version 6.89 and don't feel the desire or need to upgrade to 7, especially considering that, as a long-timer loyal user, I don't get any discount for upgrading.

At any rate, for Firefox, I find that every time I stop using the browser or log back onto my Mac, 1PW locks me out, and I have to log back in. This is something I've never had happen to me before. Under Settings, I see no way to prevent this from happening. What's the solution?

1Password Version: 6.89
Extension Version: 4.7.3.9.0
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:firefox 1PW extension keeps logging out on me!

Comments

• bluesky
    bluesky
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, it keeps logging out on me even when I'm active in FF.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bluesky - I'm sorry for the trouble -- but I'm also a little bit confused. If you're still using 1Password 6 for Mac, and that's what you were using previously, there's nothing changed about it. The behavior isn't really any different in macOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”) than it was in macOS 10.12 (“Sierra”). Most of what you're looking for in terms of timeout settings can be found in Preferences > Security. Does your new Mac have Touch ID, perhaps? That might be one of the only differences between your old setup and the new one. Let me know if you're still having troubles.

• bluesky
    bluesky
    Community Member
    Options

I found that the settings keeping the extension from logging out are in the desktop version, not in the extension. Thanks.

• bluesky
    bluesky
    Community Member
    Options

I found that the settings keeping the extension from logging out are in the desktop version, not in the extension. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bluesky - :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.