1Password meltdown - Vaults not syncing

Options
gerrymcil
gerrymcil
Community Member

I had what can only be described as a 1Password meltdown yesterday! It was totally out of character for me. I’m so embarrassed at the email I sent the support guys 🙈

Anyway, I’m putting that behind and I'll explain the issue.

I use the macOS Desktop app with the chrome extension. Firefox with 1Password X on Windows 10 and I'm finding serious discrepancies between my Vault.

I use 1 Vault with 1 account.

Has anyone else experienced this? I suspect it is something to do with my environment but I wanted to ask the question.

Gerry

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gerrymcil -

I’m so embarrassed at the email I sent the support guys

Don't be. I can flat-out promise you that the only reason we seem more competent than the average user here is that each of us - including developers - have already made all the stupid mistakes, only earlier than you did. ;) That's the reason we don't make them anymore (well, usually... :lol: ).

I use the macOS Desktop app with the chrome extension. Firefox with 1Password X on Windows 10 and I'm finding serious discrepancies between my Vault.

Unless one of your devices has a problem reaching the 1password.com servers (does happen, but it's rare - I'd look at the corporate/office device as the potential culprit there, as that's the type of environment that's more prone to have the kind of draconian filtering/AV setup that might be at fault in such a case), the most-likely explanation for the issue is that you have more than one 1password.com account, or that one of your devices has at least one standalone vault in addition to the 1password.com account. Can you check those two possibilities? Visit Preferences > Accounts and see if the account is the same one. If it is, then look at Preferences > Vaults and tell me what you see for each device: what is the number of vaults in each device, and what are their names?

ref: UJU-93789-264

• gerrymcil
    gerrymcil
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for your reply Lars!

Also, my apologies for the delay in responding I hadn't realised you had replied.

Over the last month or so, probably longer, the issue seems to be resolved. I'm not sure what changed but it appears to be fixed :)

Thanks again for your response.

Gerry

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gerrymcil - Thanks for the update. That's excellent news! I’d like to be able to say I’m glad I could help you get things squared away, but if the problem righted itself, I can’t hardly claim any credit for it. :-) However, around here, we’ve learned to call a win a win whether we had a hand in it or not.

Keep an eye on things and please let us know if the problem recurs or if there's anything further we can do to assist you. Otherwise, have a great week, and thanks for being a 1Password user!

This discussion has been closed.