1password browser extension not working in Firefox and Chrome

haydenk
haydenk
Community Member

It works great in Safari, which is my primary browser so that's okay but sometimes I need to use another browser and want access to 1password. On a fresh install of both Firefox and Chrome, I open 1password and it shows me the button to install the browser extension for the appropriate browser, it installs but then I get nothing else after that. I see the 1password icon in the browser but it's faded. In Chrome, I see a window where it's trying to connect to 1password but fails.

Extension Versions:

• Safari: (It does not appear to show the version?)
  • Chrome: 4.7.3.90
  • Firefox: 4.7.3.90

1Password Version: 7.2.2 (70202006)
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.2
Sync Type: Local

Comments

• haydenk
    haydenk
    Community Member

Screenshot of the Chrome error.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@haydenk - I'm sorry for the trouble. If 1Password is working for you in Safari, then that means you've got things all set in general (else it wouldn't work there either). So, for your other browsers, are they installed in the main /Applications directory? If not, you'll need to move them there in order for 1Password to work/connect. If all of your browsers and 1Password 7 for Mac are located in your Applications directory, then I think you're going to need to re-install the 1Password extension in both browsers. Let me know what you discover.

This discussion has been closed.