Is 1Password.agilekeychain still required?

rossj00000
rossj00000
Community Member

I have used 1Password ever since version 3 and now I have recently upgraded to version 7 with a single vault. I have had the file 1Password.agilekeychain and have noticed this file has not been modified since 2015. This file exists on iCloud as I've used that method of synching whenever possible. I believe it was about 2-3 years ago when 1Passsword could not synch via iCloud...if I recall it was something to do with an API issue. Unfortunately, I now have to use the Agilebits servers to synch my data. So, is this file is still required as I don't wish to encounter further problems with 1Password since upgrading from version 6 to version 7? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: 7.2.2
OS Version: macOS 10.14.2
Sync Type: Agilebits
Referrer: forum-search:1Password.agilekeychain

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

If you're all setup with 1Password 7, the AgileKeychain is not needed. 1Password 7 uses the OPVault format instead, if you're using a local vault. And local vaults are not used at all if you're using a 1Password.com account. It sounds like the one you have is also very old. In that case, you really don't need it, as it would be outdated anyway. So long as you have the data you need in 1Password now already, it can be deleted. :)

• rossj00000
    rossj00000
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty. I have deleted the file for good, recycled 1Password7, and all seems to be fine. Thank you.

ONE CRITICAL THING TO NOTE: All users who use 1Password7 should be aware in ADVANCE that the Agilebits servers are being used for those with a single vault, and not iCloud or Dropbox. Maybe it is documented somewhere but I haven't seen it. When system changes are being implemented, all clients should be aware of such changes which affect them directly. In migrating from version 6 to 7, that is a considerable change.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rossj00000: Glad to hear that you got things setup. :) I'm not sure what you mean about "Agilebits servers are being used for those with a single vault" though. To be clear, anyone using our hosted 1Password.com service is storing encrypted data on the server. It doesn't have anything to do with the account type or number of vaults. All data is encrypted locally with keys only the user ever has. And no one will be using that just by updating their software; it requires signing up for a membership. So I don't understand the point you're trying to make.

• rossj00000
    rossj00000
    Community Member

It’s just that one doesn’t have the option to use iCloud or Dropbox any longer, nor start a sync manually if required.

• Gotcha. Right, with membership that is true. If you quit and relaunch 1Password that starts a sync manually.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.