Data duplicated in Secure Notes

Options
loyed
loyed
Community Member

I have noticed that Secure Notes duplicates data between Mac and iOS. I can open the note on the Mac, delete the duplicate data, quit 1Password (which I assume would sync it) open that note on iOS and the duplicate data is still there. Opening the Secure Note back on the Mac there will be a triple copy of that data in that same note.
Latest versions of all.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi loved, we have seen a few reports of this behavior lately. Are you syncing with Wi-Fi? or Dropbox?

Are you ever able to see changes made to the secure note on the Mac reflected on iOS?
    Is only one note affected in this way and other notes work correctly?

• loyed
    loyed
    Community Member
    Options

Syncing over Dropbox.

I can make a change on Mac and see that on iOS.

I just tested and as of now this test DIDN'T duplicate the data.

• This sort of duplication happens when a change is made on the Mac, and another change is made on the iPhone before the change from the Mac was able to sync to the iPhone. The sync logic doesn't know which version of the text should win, so it adds both to the Secure Note.

Normally you will only see this behavior if you make some notes while off-line (e.g. working while on a flight), because the sync happens pretty quickly. I'm sure you could reproduce the issue if you made near simultaneous edits on both devices, but this is not typical usage.

If you end up seeing this on a regular basis, then we need to figure out why the sync is taking so long, or if there is some other bug at play.

This discussion has been closed.