Reload current page flashes causing delay when entering password, not logged in 1Password on FF W10

Options

I'm using Windows 10, Firefox 64.0 with 1Password X extension version 1.13 (build #20041). When I'm not logged into 1 Password and I'm entering a password into a log in form (e.g. gitlab.com) there is a small delay after I enter a character into the password field. Each time I enter a character, the "Reload" button (next to the home button) flashes, causing a small delay. This is very annoying, because I think it changes the focus and subsequent characters are not filled into the field. Unless I log in 1Password, the problem persists. Once I'm logged in, it works fine.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.13
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro, 1803
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:windows firefox 1 password password delay

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @jonathanwiens – welcome to the forum! :) I just tried to recreate the issue on my computer, but I'm not seeing the same behavior. Would you mind sending in a screencast of the flash you're referring to? I think I know what you mean, but I want to be certain so I can get an accurate report sent to my team.

• pokemaniac
    pokemaniac
    Community Member
    Options

I think I've been seeing this, too. Same versions, of Firefox and 1Password X, but on Ubuntu 18.10.

What seems to be happening, is, while 1Password X is locked, typing in a password field triggers some action which is very briefly stealing focus away from the password field after each character. If I type fast enough, it seems that focus will never return to the password field. The speed is important for reproducing it, if you type slow enough it won't happen.

• jonathanwiens
    jonathanwiens
    Community Member
    Options

Exactly, @pokemaniac

I've recorded my screen, but I can't attach it (file format not allowed)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

hi @pokemaniac & @jonathanwiens,

I've been able to reproduce, the trick seems to be that 1Password X has to be locked before the page is loaded. If I unlock and the inline menu displays once then even after locking I don't see the same behaviour. Whatever it is it also seems to be Firefox specific as I tested the same setup with Chrome and didn't see the same.

I know we've definitely had our troubles in the past trying to work around idiosyncratic behaviour in Firefox, it looks like this will be another. I see we have a report filed that matches this but having 1Password X locked makes it much more reproducible so thank you, I've added the details gleaned from this conversation.

ref: x/b5x#702

• jonathanwiens
    jonathanwiens
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @littlebobbytables

Will you let us know in which release this will be fixed?

Great response time for IMHO a medium prio bug.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jonathanwiens – The good news is that we have accurate steps on reproducing the issue (thanks to your help ❤️), which helps us get to the bottom of it much more quickly. As you may know, we can't promise a timeline for when the fix will make it to a public release. That being said, we'll be sure and update you here once we do have a fix in place to keep you in the loop as much as possible. :chuffed:

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jonathanwiens and @pokemaniac!

The issue should be fixed in the latest version of 1Password X (1.13.1). :) If you can, give it a whirl and let us know how it goes.

Thanks again for your help. :)

• jonathanwiens
    jonathanwiens
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_sebastian it's a Christmas miracle, it's fixed! Thank you! And why are you working on a Sunday? :) Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We do what must be done, gladly! We're thankful to be able to do what we love, on a weekend, during the holiday season, and beyond. Merry Christmas! :pirate: (←santa hat, obviously)

This discussion has been closed.