Import CSV in Windows trial version not working [CSV import isn't supported in 1Password 7]

jchaban
jchaban
Community Member
edited December 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have the Windows trial version. When I attempt to import from a csv, nothing happens. But there is also no "Other" and no "CSV" choice for importing as the online "Help" instructions say is supposed to exist. Does the 30-day trial version not allow you to import from a CSV?

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:import csv other windows

Comments

• Hi @jchaban,

Thanks for writing in.

We do not support CSV import at the moment in 1Password 7 for Windows, the support article may be referring to 1Password.com web app that does support CSV files.

Is your CSV file an export from a different password manager? CSV is a very limited text format that won't carry all of the information.

I'd recommend giving our community-supported Convert to 1Password converter suite a try here.

• jchaban
    jchaban
    Community Member

Thank you for responding. I was finally able to import my CSV. It was not clear that I need to use the 1Password browser add-on to do that. I wish 1Password had better documentation that would really clarify all the steps, not just for importing, but for other elements of 1Password as well.

• MikeT
    edited December 2018

Hi @jchaban,

I'm sorry the documentations didn't help. I'm not sure what you mean but there is no 1Password add-on that can import CSV files.

Have you tried going through our getting started guide here: https://support.1password.com/explore/get-started/ ?

• jchaban
    jchaban
    Community Member

The add-on was for the FireFox browser. I was unable to do a CSV import using the 1Password.com application; but I WAS able to do the CSV import using the FireFox 1Passport extension (i.e. add-on). With the app, there was no "other" choice for CSV; but with the browser extension, there was an "other" import choice for importing a CSV.

• Hi @jchaban,

As far as I know and just tested, there is no such option in any of our 1Password extensions. Are you sure you're using 1Password extension?

The only way I know we import CSV is on 1Password.com website.

This discussion has been closed.