Extension Failures Should be High Priority

extramundane
extramundane
Community Member

Hi 1Password, great product, but you have got to get this browser extension thing figured out, and sending detailed debugging info is not leading to solution that is being shared here, just more requests for the debugging.

When bringing on new users that are already hesitant to turn over their habitual workflows, and authentication, it is "not good" for them to see the browser extension and the autofill function not working initially. Granted, it will invariably eventually work, but this is a big problem from where I sit, and I am weary of being in this position after making a big pitch to win the users over, followed by "well, eventually, you'll see how great this is."

What is needed is, something from you like:

"Make sure 1password start on login is enabled, the browser is latest version and reboot before attempting to use the extension."

Will following such directives work? I don't know, I'm waiting to hear from you about how to preemptively avoid this problem. Whatever it is, just make it work.

What is up with this?!!!! Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.2.2 (App Store)
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90 Chrome Browser: 71.0.3578.98
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Teams/Business

Comments

• Hi @extramundane

I'm sorry to hear you've experienced some difficulty with 1Password. I don't have any context here. This appears to be your first post? What kind of a failure are we talking about?

Ben

• @extramundane

Thanks for the feedback. It may be worth giving 1Password X a try and seeing if that provides a smoother experience for you. 1Password X does not rely on integration with 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows and is available for both Chrome and Firefox:

Get to know 1Password X

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.