Where are all my preferences? trying to sync to dropbox

Options
s1958
s1958
Community Member

I have used 1Password for a long time, i bought the new version a couple of months ago, but only realised recently that's its not syncing to dropbox, i have an iPhone and iPad which are sycning data to dropbox, so those two are working together. But the data on my mac is not syncing to the dropbox. Firstly i can't seem to see where it is syncing to ? and in my preferences on the mac i seem to be missing quite a few items - in particularly the 'sync' button ?? Can someone please point me in the right direction ?

1Password Version: 7.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @s1958! I'm sorry for the confusion. It sounds as if you may have created a 1password.com account when you upgraded from version 6 of 1Password for Mac to version 7. Could that be the case? If so, that means your iOS devices are still using your older, Dropbox sync, while you've switched over to a 1password.com account on your Mac. There are currently two ways to use 1Password:

With a 1Password account:

• You sign up for an account at the main 1Password  sign-up page.
    • Your subscription includes the 1Password apps across all platforms, with all updates and upgrades for as long as your account is active.
    • Once you sign in to your account in 1Password on a new device, all of your data is instantly available - no need to set up third-party sync.

As a standalone product:

• You purchase licenses for each platform separately.
    • These licenses include all in-version updates, but a major version upgrade (such as 1Password 7) may require a paid upgrade.
    • You create local 1Password vaults, and if you like, choose how to sync your data. You can set up sync using a third party service (like Dropbox or iCloud.) If you do not set up sync, your data will remain only on your device.

1Password accounts also include access to your data via a web browser, and per-item backups so you always have a safe copy of your data off of your devices, and can roll back to a previous version of an item if a change is accidentally made.

If you've created a 1password.com account, you'll want to switch your iOS devices over to using that, instead of the older Dropbox setup. You can add your account to 1Password for iOS, then make sure you've transferred over any items from your older Primary vault into your 1Password account vault that might have been changed on iOS since you opened the account (so you don't lose any data), and finally, remove the older Primary vault (you can skip the first step, obviously). Let us know if you have any questions. :)

• s1958
    s1958
    Community Member
    Options

Ok i have set up using your server, i have managed to do my phone and iPad, can log in using safari browser, but now i can't log into the app on my mac, have tried all the passwords i think it should have been - first one is the one i am using as my ordinary pw and then also tried my 'master password' ??? Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@s1958 - when you create a 1password.com account, you're required to set up a Master Password that is what's used to encrypt your data. If you've already been using 1Password in standalone mode when you set up this account, then the Master Password you choose for your 1password.com account could be but does not have to be the same as the one you chose when you first began using 1Password initially. Only you would know that. Please give these steps a try if you're still having trouble.

This discussion has been closed.