I'm now asked to reload each page before 1Password for Chrome will suggest/find correct password.

kalbeas
kalbeas
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Each time I visit a new webpage that asks for my login information in order to use the 1Password for Chrome plugin i have to refresh the page. This just started on version 7.3.619.

1Password Version: 7.3.619
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: windows 7
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2018

Hi @kalbeas,

Thanks for reporting this.

That's odd, we have not made any changes related to the extension for months nor have we change how we work with it in any of the 7.3 beta updates either. I just tested this, I am not seeing anything like that.

Just to make sure I understand the issue correctly;

1. You go to this forum (for an example) by entering the following in the address bar; https://discussions.agilebits.com
    2. You click on 1Password icon, it shows nothing
    3. You refresh the page, click 1Password again, it shows the login item?
  • kalbeas
    kalbeas
    Community Member

I did some poking around in the extension settings and found that my permissions had been changed.

The "Allow this extension to read and change all your data on websites you visit:" setting had been changed to "On click" from "On all sites"

Moving to On all sites resolved the refresh issue.

• MikeT
    edited December 2018

Hi @kalbeas,

Interesting, thanks for letting us know!

That would certainly explain the behavior but it should've been blocked on the refresh too if the permission was denied. It could be a glitch in Chrome as well.

This discussion has been closed.