Cannot sign in and email is not recognized after signing up for free trial

Options

I have a standalone version of 1Password that was working fine. I signed up for a free trial of the membership, and my password vault was changed to an opvault, my 1Password app on my PC was no longer editable, and I am locked out of my account. I get a message that my email address is not recognized.

I would like to revert to my standalone version and get it working again. Can you help?

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hello, @ewright42, and welcome to the forum! Could you clarify a few things for me? First, are you able to see your data in your current Windows app (even if it isn't editable)? Also, are you able to sign into your trial account from https://start.1password.com? It sounds to me like things may have fallen off the happy path a bit as you were trying to set up your 1Password membership and we should be able to get things back on track for you so you can still give it a go, if you'd like. Of course, if you prefer, I can certainly help you move back to 1Password 4, too, in which case the answer to that first question will still be a great help. Thanks! :chuffed:

• ewright42
    ewright42
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I can see my data and use the copy functions in the Windows App that I now have (7.2.581).
    I can no longer sign in at https://start.1password.com; "either the secret key or the password are not correct".
    The secret key that I have for the original account created August 21st, 2016. The password is correct.

I tried to just sign up for the subscription, but it fails because my email address is already associated with the account I cannot sign into.
    I seem to be out of options...

• Hi @ewright42,

You're certainly not out of options, we'll help you get back up and running as fast as possible.

Before we do anything, we need to find out which account you're trying to use and the best way to do this is to email us and to save some time, please also include the diagnostics report from 1Password. This way, we can tell you what to do next with the app; please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.