1Password 7 on Mac OSX Mojave won't autofill passwords.

Options
roachmedward
roachmedward
Community Member

I am currently on version 7.2.4. I've used 1Password for years with no issues. Is this a bug in the current release? Is there a work around?

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 on Mac OSX Mojave won't autofill passwords

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @roachmedward! Do you mean auto-FILL or auto-SUBMIT? Auto-fill should be working as it always has, but auto-submit has been removed and won't be returning, due to changes made by Apple in Safari 12.

• JCL324
    JCL324
    Community Member
    Options

I have same issue with auto-FILL and Firefox, just won't work. Just upgraded to new MBP and Mojave, Chrome is completely broken. Have reinstalled the plugin multiple times. And I hate the annoying colored nags now too about passwords. Please let us hide them!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @JCL324! Did you purchase 1Password 7 for Mac, or subscribe to a 1password.com membership? If not, that will be the reason - your data will be in Read Only mode (which will be visible in the main 1Password window on any of your items). If that's not the case, then are both 1Password and all of your browsers located in your main /Applications folder? If not, you'll need to move all of them there, since as of version 7 we are a fully sandboxed application that requires it.

• JCL324
    JCL324
    Community Member
    Options

I have a family membership and I can edit anything so I don't think that's the issue. And I did start with 1Password 7 on my old laptop, just installed the latest version. Attaching screenshot to show that yes, 1P and browsers are all in \Applications.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JCL324 - you don't have to prove it to me; I believe you. :) Just making sure it's not something simple like that. In that case, please make sure you have a Native Messaging Hosts folder in your user library. And also that it's owned by the correct UNIX user. In fact, please follow these steps and see if that fixes things.

• JCL324
    JCL324
    Community Member
    Options

Yes! So far so good, at least it's (Chrome) behaving now like before. But I believe you mentioned above that the little button on login screens is now gone forever? It was never there for Firefox and seems to be gone from Chrome now.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JCL324 - I'm afraid I'm not sure what you're referring to by "little button on login screens?" Can you elaborate for me?

• JCL324
    JCL324
    Community Member
    Options

When I first installed 1P a couple of months ago, Chrome let me select from known logins for the site when I clicked a button next to the username on the site's login screen. I think it even pre-filled the password if it was the only option. This is now gone in the latest version and was never there for Firefox.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JCL324: It sounds like you're referring to Chrome's password filling. That's not available in Firefox, obviously, and not connected to 1Password. You can, however, use the 1Password desktop extension to fill credentials you have stored in 1Password:

https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.