PIN with website and not filling in

Options
mtissington
mtissington
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have a login created for the following website https://secure.insurance4carhire.com/calogin.html

There are two issues here -

1) When I use 1Password within Firefox, 1Password places my email address in BOTH the email field and the PIN field (which should be the password)

2) This website does not allow me to change my PIN and consequently WatchTower nags me that it's a very weak password.
I really need a way to turn this off - maybe an option when creating the Login ?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.3.619
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (latest)
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2018
    Options

Hi @mtissington,

Thanks for reporting this.

When I use 1Password within Firefox, 1Password places my email address in BOTH the email field and the PIN field (which should be the password)

This is an issue with the 1Password extension, it couldn't accurately detect what these fields are. I'll file a bug report with the extension team to look at it.

2) This website does not allow me to change my PIN and consequently WatchTower nags me that it's a very weak password.

I really need a way to turn this off - maybe an option when creating the Login ?

It's not something we can add easily (we don't keep track nor sync Watchtower status per item at all).

I'm sorry but it's not going to happen for a while. We'll consider this for a future Watchtower version.

This discussion has been closed.