1Password V7.2.3.BETA-7 MacOS: Wrong representation of transparent background for Rich Icons

yogibaer
yogibaer
Community Member

I observe the following error in the Beta Version of 1 Password 7 for MacOS: for some of my custom rich icons the transparent background is displayed in black instead of white (refer to the screen shots). This error only occurs in the MacOS Beta. The latest MacOS release V7.2.2 and all Windows based versions of Version 7 (including Betas) and even 1Password 4 show the icons with white background.

Unfortunately I cannot trace back how these icons where populated. With 1Passowrd 4 I used 16/32/64-Pixel ICO-Files (due to the 32K size restriction). Sometimes (under MacOS) I dragged PNG-files with better resolution into the items.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 V7.2.3.BETA-7 (70203007)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS Sierra V10.12.6
Sync Type: Folder

Comments

• yogibaer
    yogibaer
    Community Member

One addition: 1Password for iOS shows all Rich Icons correctly

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Hi @yogibaer

This is a tough one. Our icon delivery framework needs some love. This is no small feat to rewrite, which is mostly what it needs I think. It has it's tendrils in a fair number of places as well so we want to fix this the right way but it's going to take time and generally isn't something at the top of the agenda at the moment.

The differences you're seeing between beta and stable are to try to help make this behave better under Dark Mode in Mojave I believe. There are trade offs in both directions on this one I think.

• yogibaer
    yogibaer
    Community Member

@AGKyle:

Thank you for this information. I solved the problem for me with modified icons with explicit white background ...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's certainly one option. :)

This discussion has been closed.