Trustpilot review prompt in 1Password account

mac_techie
mac_techie
Community Member

Hello, a couple weeks ago, while logged into my 1Password.com account, I noticed a graphic on my admin page with a prompt to review 1Password with Trustpilot. Is this expected behavior? While I love 1Password, I felt like the review prompt was unexpected and misplaced given that I was in my private account.

Comments

• @mac_techie

Do you have any extensions installed in your web browser other than 1Password? I'm not seeing any prompts to review 1Password when I log in to the web interface.

Ben

• mac_techie
    mac_techie
    Community Member

No extensions. This only happened once. I hadn’t logged into the web interface in a while. Browser history was clear so 1Password.com treated login as a new session. When I hovered over the graphic, the Safari status bar showed a link to trust pilot.

• If you see it again would you be able to post a screenshot, please?

Ben

• mac_techie
    mac_techie
    Community Member

Sure. Immediately after closing the graphic I realized that I should have taken a screen capture.

• Thanks. :+1:

Ben

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2018

@mac_techie

I've spoken with some of my colleages and it seems we have integrated with TrustPilot for reviews. I tend to agree with you: it can be offputting to see a prompt for a review, especially if it disrupts your workflow, and I'm sorry if we caused any distress here. I'm not entirely sure why I personally haven't see this yet, but now that you've mentioned it I'll keep an eye out for it. And I'll be happy to pass the feedback along to the team that this was not exactly a welcome addition.

Ben

• mac_techie
    mac_techie
    Community Member

@Ben, Thanks for looking into this and passing on the feedback. Have a great weekend!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You too! And thanks again for your feedback on this. Very much appreciated. :chuffed:

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

I saw it too this week.

Pretty disappointing to see something like this on the admin page of a premium security product.

Please reconsider (= stop using this).

• Thanks for the feedback, we will definitely consider the feedback here as we make decisions on how these review requests are presented.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

Replace "asking for money" by "asking for reviews" in today's blog post from Seth Godin:

https://seths.blog/2018/12/do-we-value-attention-properly/

• Hi folks

I've confirmed with development that it doesn't pop up over the top of UI elements and can easily be dismissed. If dismissed it will not reappear. I don't like my workflow being interrupted with prompts for review either, but that isn't what we're doing here. This shouldn't be interrupting anyone's workflow. If it is, please let me know. After seeing it I agree with development that this isn't invasive. It isn't any more in the way than what we currently do (and have done for years) in 1Password for iOS:

Thanks.

Ben

• mac_techie
    mac_techie
    Community Member

Thanks. However, my comments were regarding the prompt while logged into my 1Password account in the web interface. That did seem out of place in my view. I don’t have a problem with the iOS review icon, though.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2018

@mac_techie

I know; I was making a comparison. :)

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

If dismissed it will not reappear.

Thank you for mentioning this! I had no idea this was possible...

After a close look I now see a cross that blends in with the stars... After tapping it the banner indeed disappeared :)

(I still think it's bad practice to show it in the first place, but I'm glad it's gone now)

• I'll see if we can make the close button more apparent. Thanks. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.