App crashes on trying to edit/view one particular record

trailmax
trailmax
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm facing an interesting issue with 1PW - I can open the record in PW-mini, copy username/password. I can fill in the credentials in Chrome. But as soon as I try to view/edit that particular entry, the Application just crashes it's brains out - the process just stops and I need to re-start the application so I can see the icon in the system-tray. I can view/edit most of other entries, but only this one is causing the issues.
I don't get anything interesting in logs, but if I open the console before I crash the app, I can get a dump of stack trace. Though the console is getting shut-down at the same time as the app, so I can't really copy the whole message.
However I've managed to get the screenshot of some of the stacktrace:

Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.3.619
Extension Version: Chrome, latest
OS Version: Win110
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @trailmax thank you for reporting of this crash. While it's not totally obvious from the screenshot, i suspect i know what happened. Please do not edit that item elsewhere, lets see if next update fixes it.

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile OK, got you.
    Any estimate on the next release time (i.e. days, weeks or months?)

Also I've tried to view/edit the same item on another PC (same setup of versions/OS) and got the same output (though not sure what I was expecting to happen)

• Hi @trailmax,

Definitely not weeks or months, within a few days or so. These are beta updates, we ship them more often then the stable updates.

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member

@MikeT Cool. Thanks. I'll keep an eye on this one.

• Hi @trailmax,

Just in case, can you tell me what the URL looks like, you don't have to tell us the URL if it is private but does it have anything missing like http:// or is it a very long path with characters?

The crash seems to be related to the URL, the way we style it, which is why we're asking about the URL itself, it seems to be malformed.

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member

@MikeT It looks like this: "https://servicea089-appgrp26.secretdomain.biz/". In that record I have two URL recorded - the previous one and also "https://secretdomain.biz/".
    But I have three 1PW records for similar domains (Dev, UAT, Prod) - all point to "secretdomain.biz" with different digits in the subdomain. And the other 2 records are OK - i.e. when I edit them, they don't crash the application.

• Hi @trialmax,

OK, we have this fixed internally for the next beta update. I'll update you as soon as we have this update out.

• Hi @trailmax,

Please give 1Password 7.3.639 Beta 4 a try, it should fix your issue. You can check for an update by opening the 1Password menu in the main 1Password window.

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

I've tried the latest update and the problem is still there - same, when trying to view/edit in the app, it goes crash with the stack trace dump into console window and nothing in logs. Same stack trace as in my first post - could not get anything else from it.

I don't think it is connected to the URL format, because I have another 2 records with identical URLs and they work just fine.

Any way to get the console to write to disk before it goes ka-boom?

• Hi @trailmax,

Did you try our diagnostics report? It may include it as it checks a few places. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member

@MikeT Ah, forgot about this one.
    The very bottom of the report contains the full exception - just sent it through a minute ago.

• Hi, we got your email and will reply there.

ref: IRN-15819-266

• @trailmax please try build 7.3.642 and let us know if it helps. Thank you!

• trailmax
    trailmax
    Community Member

@MikeT, @SergeyTheAgile I can confirm, the problem is now resolved. Thanks for the quick fix! Also replied in the email.

• Awesome, thanks for testing it for us.

This discussion has been closed.