To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

stand alone license not working

Options
Gustavo
Gustavo
Community Member
edited December 2018 in Memberships

I have a stand alone license for 1password 6 and I try to add it but it is not being recognized. Since the app it's on the "Trial expired" mode, I can't use it anymore. What should I do?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Gustavo! I'm sorry for the trouble. Was your copy of 1Password purchased directly through us, or was it from the Mac App Store?

• Gustavo
    Gustavo
    Community Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Directly from 1 password. Through the website.

• Ben
    Options

What happens when you double click on your license file, @Gustavo?

Ben

• Gustavo
    Gustavo
    Community Member
    Options

it opens the 1password app and it says "Invalid license" "Failed to parse the license file."

• Ben
    Options

@Gustavo,

Could you please email us the license file to support+forum@1password.com and then post the support ID you get back here?

Thanks.

Ben

• Gustavo
    Gustavo
    Community Member
    Options

Done. Support ID is [#HEC-86769-599]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! We'll get back to you there shortly. :)

ref: HEC-86769-599

In case it helps anyone else, a 1Password license is for a specific version; it will not work for a different one.

• Gustavo
    Gustavo
    Community Member
    Options

My license version is the same as the app. As asked I sent a diagnostic report through email, but since I didn't have any answer I don't know if the email was received. ID [#DUT-73592-223]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I think it's fair that I reply to others who have been waiting longer first, but I'll get back to you via email today -- and close this discussion since having the same conversation in multiple places makes it take longer to get back to everyone.

This discussion has been closed.