Tags are duplicated on many of my items

burn123
burn123
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm not sure when this happened, but many of my items have the same tag 2 or 3 times. Is there any way to remove duplicate tags in a mass entry way? Some of my items in a tag only have it once, so I can't just select all items in a tag to remove the duplicates, otherwise some of the items lose their tags

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @burn123,

Thanks for reporting this.

How are you syncing your 1Password data, is there an Android device in your 1Password ecosystem?

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member

@MikeT Local sync, yes I am using an Android

• Hi @burn123,

There's a bug in the Android version of 1Password where editing an item can cause the existing tag to be duplicated again, we're working on fixing it in the Android version.

These items with the duplicated tags, were they recently edited on the Android device?

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member

It's hard to say, a lot of them have duplicated tags though, and I don't edit items on Android much, so I don't think that's the only issue

• Hi @burn123,

Do you know any pattern to these items, any recent import, copy/move, or upgrade to OPVault recently?

Well, that's one bug that we did find when we tested the new Folder Sync implementation with other 1Password apps. We're unique on Windows that we don't suppress duplicated tags (or anything else), so it may feel like a Windows bug but it is not, the other apps are using a parameter to only show distinct tags, so they won't show these duplicates. We do not want to do this as we find this will bring up bugs in other implementations like it did in the Android version.

I presume you don't recall when these duplicates started to appear? If you create a testing item with a tag on Windows and sync, do you see the duplicated tag show up automatically on Windows without doing anything on the Android device?

This discussion has been closed.