Question about gift card activation

Hi there,

I made an annually subscription on thanks-giving, with "a free year of 1password as gift" sent to my friend. Mine is working perfectly, the problem lies with my friend's account.

She is a very busy woman, somehow only tried to redeem the gift card/coupon code a few days ago, and found out the code was invalid. I'm guessing it has a expiration date or something? Anyway, could you please help find out whats the causing and how to apply this 1 year free gift?

I've attached a screenshot she sent me, please let me know if you need further info in order to be able to help with this one

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• No one?

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@dunce: Unfortunately I can't read what's in the photograph, or paste it anywhere since it isn't text. I think maybe you're not talking about a gift card. A gift card does not expire. I believe you're referring to the promotional email from Thanksgiving, which would have expired 30 days after it was sent. The promotion is over, so it cannot be resent, but if you'll shoot us an email at [email protected] we'll see if there's something we can do to help.

• @brenty thanks for replying. Yes I was talking about Thanksgiving promotion email, will send email to sales in a minute.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@dunce: Sounds good. but, to be clear, if it's your friend that's having the issue, they will need to contact us. We can only discuss an account with the registered owner.

• Okay... that might be problematic. This busy woman we are talking about here hadn't try to activate her account for 20 days since she got the email, God knows when will she be able to "make the next move" :'(

Anyway, I've sent an email to [email protected] just now and hope things will work out. Will surely let her know and contact you guys directly if not.

Thanks again.

• brentybrenty

Team Member
    edited December 2018

Understood. Ultimately we won't really be able to do more than discuss generalities about how it works, etc., as I mentioned above, without talking to the account holder. But I'm happy to answer any non-account-specific questions, and we're here any time if she needs to contact us regarding her account. :blush:

ref: YQS-37984-136

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file