Purchased a new iPad6 and downloaded the 1password app but it will not let me open 1password.

As I mentioned in the title 1password will not accept my master password and is offering a 30 day free trial. On that page where it is offering the free trial it says "Create a stand alone vault" (Create an account or setup a sync later.) If I open that and put in my master password will it allow me to open 1password? If so, I would still like to have an answer to question #2, If it won't open here is some more information: I have 1password pro (version 5) I think. I don't know how to find what version 1password I have in iOS or OS X.
1. Will I have to purchase the new version of 1password in order to use it on this new iPad?
2. If so, will it work properly on all of my older devices? (OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and iOS 9.3.5)

1Password Version: Pro 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Purchased a new iPad6 and downloaded the 1password app but it will not let me open 1password

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Clif: Without a 1Password membership, each version is a separate purchase. You can use any version you've already paid for on supported devices, but others would need to be paid for separately -- e.g. a license for 1Password for Mac version 7 will not work on your iPad. However, a 1Password membership includes all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. So you may want to consider that. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

As far as the Master Password, we don't know what it is, only you would, and it isn't stored anywhere; the app unlocks using the Master Password of the first vault/account you have setup there, so if you've used different ones you need to make sure you enter the correct one. Otherwise, you can start over, but there is no harm in trying multiple times. Let me know if there's anything I can help with!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file