Authentication Required notification

mdjones
mdjones
Community Member
edited December 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

I use 1Password X with Firefox 64. When I sign in to 1Password X, it now prompts me with a notification in the lower right corner that says, "Authentication Required - Sign into your 1Password account to continue." When I click the notification, it takes me to my 1Password online account. When I sign in there, nothing else prompts me for authentication and I can't find anything in any of the menus that indicates this either. If I ignore the notification, Password X still works fine. Is this a bug? The only thing I've changed recently was which authenticator I use for my 1Password account. I switched from using Google Authenticator to Yubico Authenticator. I have it set up correctly for 2FA and it's working. Here is what the notification looks like.

1Password Version: 7.3.639
Extension Version: 1.31.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Home version 1809
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mdjones
    mdjones
    Community Member

I don't know what was causing the repeated notification to authenticate. I removed my account from 1Password X and then added it back. That seems to have stopped the notification.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for the trouble there. I'm not entirely sure what caused that to happen for you, but it's possible that, in spite of improvements we've made in this area to avoid authentication requests getting triggered by connection issues, something unhelpful migrated from an earlier version and prevented you from benefiting from those fixes until you reinstalled. Glad it's all good now, but be sure to reach out if you encounter any other issues!

This discussion has been closed.