IOS cant change password

MichaelThornton
MichaelThornton
Community Member

I have just started a trial of 1password.
Using an Ipad on the latest ios software

I have created a login for a website, it works fine. I can login using 1password and it remembers my password etc.

I am trying to change the password. I have been to the website under the edit password section, entered the current password.
How do I generate a strong password and use it to update the password on the website?

I have been trying to fo this for 8 hours now without any success, please help

Regards
Michael

Sent from my Ipad,
Michael

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MichaelThornton: If you edit the Login item (or create a new one), under the Password field you'll have the option to Generate. This guide will give you a good overview too:

https://support.1password.com/change-website-password/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• MichaelThornton
    MichaelThornton
    Community Member

Does that mean that I have to generate this password, copy it to clipboard and then paste it into the edit password field of every website I wish to change, surely theres a quicker way?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MichaelThornton: Well, you can fill something...but the problem is that if you save the new password in 1Password in order to be able to fill it, you've just overwritten your original password, which you probably need as part of the password change process. With something delicate like a password change, it's good to make sure you have what the site needs so you don't get locked out. Did you try following the guide? It's pretty straightfoward. :)

• MichaelThornton
    MichaelThornton
    Community Member

Yes I read the guide, but to generate a new password, copy and paste it into each of 150 websires is an awful long winded job, is this the only way.
    Thanks, Michael

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MichaelThornton: I don't doubt it. But if the alternative is having weak/reused/compromised passwords for those websites, I think it's worth it. You don't have to do it all at once, and starting with the most critical and working your way down a bit each day will get you there before long. :)

This discussion has been closed.