hyperlink to App not Web

Options

We are moving from an older password system that was all webbased. When using that system we are accustom to embedding hyperlinks to Password Login profiles within our Companies Documentation.

Is there a way to make a hyperlink open up the 1Password App instead of opening up new browser window?

For example: If I embedded this URL(obfuscated) "https://*******.1password.com/vaults/all/allitems/nov2cykqwfal3ngsd2xxaiwmgz4u" into our Documentation, When clicked on it would open up a webbrowser and request my Master Password. Is there a way to modify a hyperlink so it would open up directly into 1pass app instead?

Please let me know if I'm not being clear on our issue or if there is another way to accomplish this.

Our goal is to have the 1password app installed and to use it primarily instead of the webbased interface, so little things like this would make the transition much easier.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:hyperlink to a password login profile that would open up in the APP

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @hvvcben

This should be possible at least on Mac and iOS. Please try using this link:

onepassword://search/uuid

Replace UUID with the item UUID you're looking for, e.x.

onepassword://search/nov2cykqwfal3ngsd2xxaiwmgz4u

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• hvvcben
    hvvcben
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, I will check this out and let you know

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• nikgreen
    nikgreen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @hvvcben

Do you have any plans to extend this capability to Windows? If not, could I suggest you do.

This would be a great bonus for our internal documentation.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's not something that's on the horizon since we still have a lot more features to add to the new Windows app, but it's certainly something we'll keep in mind for the future. Thanks for letting us know it's something you'd like us to work on. :)

This discussion has been closed.