How to change main photo?

Options
Patrick Waugh
Patrick Waugh
Community Member

So, how can I change my main image (e.g. Patrick Waugh in the photo)? As you can see, I can change the vault passwords. Why on Earth have you made this so hard, and not at all intuitive???

Guys, the hallmark of Apple software and good software design is that it is discoverable and intutitive. I have wasted a good 2 hours trying to figure this out.

Further, who came up with the design of the Watchtower red alerts??? Are you kidding me? First, don't take up my screen space like that! Second, let me dismiss those alerts and stop forcing me to look at it!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Patrick Waugh: If you want to change your 1Password membership account settings -- like your account's profile picture -- you can do that through the website:

https://start.1password.com/profile

Click "Edit Details", click the picture, and then select a new one, just like the first time. :)

1Password is a security app though. It's supposed to tell you about passwords that need to be changed. People don't need 1Password to be less secure -- by doing things like reusing passwords, using weak/compromised ones, or both. We don't have plans to not have 1Password do its job.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It is your choice. You are "in charge of your system"...but you're not in charge of all the websites out there getting their data stolen, or the bad actors breaking into accounts because of bad passwords. That's where Watchtower comes in; it's 1Password's job to help users be more secure. I understand that you don't like the fact that 1Password warns about bad passwords, but there's no need to be rude about it. Please consider that we have to consider all 1Password users, not just you. Anyway, you've already had the same conversation with Kevin last month, so there isn't really more to say at this point. If 1Password isn't a good fit for you, I hope you'll find a tool better suited to your specific tastes. Take care.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Weird political comments aside, we do care about what our customers think -- but that's all of our customers, not just certain ones. And, ultimately, if you want to be the password manager yourself, I'm not sure what to tell you. It's important we focus on making 1Password useful for the people who do want software to manage their passwords so they don't have to.

• ryansebiz
    ryansebiz
    Community Member
    Options

Mouse over "Personal", click the three dots, "Edit Vault", drag the new photo from the Finder over your photo in 1Password.

Completely agree on the alerts.

• ryansebiz
    ryansebiz
    Community Member
    Options

Mouse over "Personal", click the three dots, "Edit Vault", drag the new photo from the Finder over your photo in 1Password.

Completely agree on the alerts.

This discussion has been closed.