items disappeared or reverted to old passwords when I upgraded to 1password.com/1password 7

jjbmc
jjbmc
Community Member

I started from 1Password 6 and the iOS app. I believe I followed the directions to set up the new vaults, and I originally thought it had worked, so I deleted the old vaults. But then I noticed that there seemed to be fewer secure notes and credit cards, the passports were gone, router info was missing, only the old 1Password 7 license was there (I know at least v.6 license had been there) and when I went into individual items, I discovered that many of the passwords were wrong, e.g. two or three versions old. I'm afraid now to set up the other family members in case they lose things too. Help!

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6, 10.14.2 and iOS 12.1
Sync Type: was dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:items disappeared or reverted to older passwords when setting up 1password.com/1password 7

Comments

• jjbmc
    jjbmc
    Community Member
    • meant to say "only the old 1Password 4 license"
  • jjbmc
    jjbmc
    Community Member

i think i might have figured it out, but i don't know how to fix it. my husband and i shared a "family" vault under 1Password 6, synced in dropbox. Since I had set things up, I assumed the vault in my dropbox was the shared vault, but it turns out that was an older one, and his dropbox-synced family vault is the current one. How do I replace the data currently in my system with the vault from his dropbox? should i delete the imported family vault, set him up with his family vault and then have him share that vault?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jjbmc: It sounds like you may have had multiple vaults...or multiple 1Password versions installed previously. If you open 1Password 6, do you see the data you expect?

• jjbmc
    jjbmc
    Community Member

yes. my husband's vault was the correct one. thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah glad to hear it. Thanks for the update. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need anything. Happy New Year! :)

This discussion has been closed.