Cannot import password information from IP3 to IP7

Hi,
I have been using 1password version 3 for years. Because 1P3 doesn't work with MacOS Mojave I bought a license for IP7. However, I am unable to import my passwords from version 3. In 1P7 I select import from keychain, but I do not know where the IP3 keychain is. I cannot start IP3 anymore because after the installation of IP7 it was removed from my mac (a zip file called 1password.app.zip was created after the installation of 1P7). Can anybody tell how I can solve this problem?

Regards,
Jeroen.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JeroenM: Unless you've removed it, you'll be able to find your existing data in whatever sync service you were using (you omitted that information from your post), and in the app's support folder. For 1Password 3 that would be here:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password/

Just select the .agilekeychain from 1Password 7 File > Import > 1Password Keychain, and you should be all set. Let me know how it goes. :)

• JeroenM
    JeroenM
    Community Member

Hi Brenty,

In the application support folder the 1password directory does not exist. What do you mean with what sync service I am using? I don't think I am ussing a sync service.

Regards,
    Jeroen.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

In the application support folder the 1password directory does not exist.

@JeroenM: It would have had to, or you could not have used 1Password 3. Either you or something else would have had to delete it. If you have a backup, now would be a good time to check it.

What do you mean with what sync service I am using? I don't think I am ussing a sync service.

If you weren't syncing your 1Password data, then the only copy of your vault was in the folder that you're telling me does not exist on your Mac. That's not good. :(

• JeroenM
    JeroenM
    Community Member

Hi Brenty,

I have managed to import agilekeychain into IP7. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Jeroen.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Happy holidays! :)

This discussion has been closed.