To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrate from standalone licence to families/team subscription and new PC

DB9
DB9
Community Member

Trying to work out how to migrate my standalone licence from an old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 10 PC and phone.

I used an old android-PC setup with 1password and an android phone - Nexus 5X and the app and chrome extension on my PC.
Windows 10 PC 1 Password Ver 4.6.2.626
pixel 3 - 1Password for Android Ver 7.0.9

I have had a team/families subscription for a year or so, and although I haven't used it I am happy to migrate my vault across to it, and keep encouraging my partner to use it.

How do I start using the shared vault/team/family subscription, and bring across my 1Password personal vault from Dropbox vault.

TIA DB9

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DB9: In order to migrate your data, first install the current version of 1Password:

https://start.1password.com/apps

Set it up by signing into your 1Password.com account, and then you can import your existing data:

1. Click the "1Password" menu at the top
    2. Select "Import"
    3. Use "AgileKeychain or OPVault folder"
    4. Select your existing Dropbox vault and enter the Master Password
    5. Choose the destination vault and "Import"

You should then be able to access all of your data through 1Password.com in your web browser. Let me know how it goes. :)

• DB9
    DB9
    Community Member

Thanks for the advice! Just after I posted I worked it out. It helped that I found the PC where I setup teams, and was able to login without the secret key. I was having trouble finding it blushes and so everything else was held up!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah gotcha. Thanks for the update! Glad to hear all is well, but we're here if you need us. :)

This discussion has been closed.