To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Question about "Give a free year of 1Password"

2»

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@prime: It's actually intended for families. From the promotion page:

Happy Thanksgiving
    We’re thankful for your support and want to show it. Introduce a friend to 1Password, and they’ll get their first year free. To send a free year of 1Password Families, sign in to your account and click Happy Thanksgiving in the sidebar.

However, it's totally possible to switch it to an individual plan. Not sure there's any point to doing so for the first year, since it's free anyway, but we can totally help with that at support@1password.com if needed. Happy Thanksgiving! :chuffed:

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited November 2018

@brenty thank you so much! Happy Thanksgiving!
    Last question... will they see my email address when they get the email? I’m asking because I use an email address that no one knows about for my 1Password.

Adding @Ben also :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@yashshah7197: Just to clarify, it's free either way. So you don't really need to change it. Anyway, your description doesn't make sense to me, since iCloud can't make changes to a 1Password.com account. But I'll follow up with you via email to exchange further details.

ref: TPT-66687-349

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@prime: :chuffed: :+1:

will they see my email address when they get the email? I’m asking because I use an email address that no one knows about for my 1Password.

It will show your name and email address as registered in your 1Password account profile.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

@brenty

It will show your name and email address as registered in your 1Password account profile.

I have a few spots open on my account. Maybe I can add another email to make an account, make it a family organizer, and send it out from that one :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@prime: You could do that I think. I probably would have just changed my email address temporarily. Your idea is probably better. :lol:

• yashshah7197
    yashshah7197
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for the quick response! Emailed you back with the clarification and details. Hoping to get this resolved ASAP! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! Let's continue the conversation via email. :)

• Ciarraioch
    Ciarraioch
    Community Member

I've bought a standalone license for 1Password 7, however when I attempt to gift a year license it asks for a 'Secret Key' which I don't have. How can I get rectify this and give a friend a year subscription?
    Thanks in advance!

• Hi @Ciarraioch

Without having a membership yourself you will not have a Secret Key. It sounds like you're on the login page for memberships. If you're a 1Password 7 license holder please contact support+thanksgiving@1password.com with a copy of your receipt for help sending a gift.

Thanks!

Ben

• @4EverMaAT

How many of these free 1 year licenses can I give away?

Answered here: :)

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/475757/#Comment_475757

How long is the giveaway valid until? (how long do we have to have the ability to send invitations?)

November 30th will be the last day to send invites.

When the email invitations are sent, how long does the person have to activate the subscription?

30 days.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• This promotion is for new memberships.

Ben

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hi!

• Can I invite more than one friend or is it limited?
    • How can I invite my family to eu server (instead of com server)?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Hi @Philipp

I've merged your thread with another on the same subject. Please see the links below for the answers to your questions:

Can I invite more than one friend or is it limited?

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/475757/#Comment_475757

How can I invite my family to eu server (instead of com server)?

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/475779/#Comment_475779

I hope that helps!

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'll take a look. :) :+1:

ref: LAP-12789-187

• brian512
    brian512
    Community Member

Hi 1P team,

I had sent the invite to my sister right after I got it (I asked one of the first questions in this thread), and well, she just tried to redeem it now, and it’s expired. In her defense, there was no expiration date in the original email or the invite she got, so it got put on the back burner until after the holidays. Any chance you can help out? Thanks!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2018

Hi @brian512. I'm sorry to hear about that situation. Unfortunately the last opportunity to redeem the promotion has ended, and there isn't anything we can do in that regard via this forum. That said I'd recommend having your sister reach out to our sales team at sales@1password.com to see what they might be able to do. I can't make any promises on their behalf, but they'd be the only ones who might be able to offer some further suggestion here.

Thanks. Happy Holidays.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.