Manage Vault

majortom
majortom
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hey, I found a mysterious behavior:

It is importand, that your Browser (Chrome) is closed.

Within 1Password for Windows 10 Beta I click on "Manage Vault" within the vault list.

Chrome and a new tab "my.1password.eu" will opened.
I am asked to enter my master password and the 2FA key. I do that.
Now I can see the vault details

But: At the same time a further new tab will opened and I have to re-enter my master password and the 2FA Key.
From Chrome I get a notification: 1Password Authentication required.

I hope you understand what I mean and can reproduce it :)

Thomas

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2018

Hi @majortom,

Thanks for reporting this.

What if you open any Login item from within 1Password main window, does it cause the same duplicate tabs or is it just limited to Manage vault?

Are you using Windows 10?

The reason I asks is that we had an identical issue before where opening a URL from within 1Password could cause duplicate tabs. We found it was a glitch within Windows when we ask the system to open the URL. The fix is to reset the default browser to Edge, open Edge, close and then reset the default browser back to Chrome. Can you try this and let me know if it works?

• majortom
    majortom
    Community Member

Hey @MikeT,

yes, I am using Windows 10 (1809 / 17763.195)

The bug is limited to "Manage vault"
    and the workaround to reset the default browser to Edge and reset back to Chrome does not work.

Can I test something for you or do you need further information?

• Hi @majortom,

If it is limited to Manage Vault, then it would not be related to the previous bug.

I still need your help to figure this out, I cannot reproduce this. Did you notice the same problem with Edge as default browser or you don't know, can you try it?

Here's what I did:

1. Restart to ensure Chrome is not running
    2. Open 1Password, unlock, expand the vault list, and right-click to select Manage.
    3. Chrome opens with one tab, I pressed Control + \ to fill in my Login item for the account and I don't see any other tabs opened up.
  • majortom
    majortom
    Community Member

Hey @MikeT

sorry for the late answer. I have tested it with the latest Beta 7.3.652 and found the problem:

1Password X (1.13.2)

If I deactivate the 1Password Extension for Chrome all is fine.
    If the extension is active and the vault is locked, the problem occurs.

I hope you can repdroduce it.

• Hi @majortom,

I am not able to. 1Password X shouldn't have any impact since it is closed when Chrome is closed, meaning when it opens a new tab, 1Password X shouldn't cause anything to open.

If 1Password X is disabled, no issues either?

This discussion has been closed.