Do I need to uninstall 1Password before OS upgrade?

Do I need to uninstall 1P 4 from my old Mountain Lion computer before doing clean-install upgrade to El Cap? Or is it OK to just overwrite it? Once the device is upgraded to El Capitan, will 1P version 6x work? I also will be upgrading my newer computer from Yosemite to High Sierra. Do I then install version 6x and upgrade from within the software? Thanks!

Comments

• awerneke
    awerneke
    Community Member

Do I need to uninstall 1P 4 from my old Mountain Lion computer before clean-install upgrade to El Cap? Will also be upgrading my newer MacBook Pro from Yosemite to High Sierra so would need to know the same for that one. Once both are upgraded what version of 1P do I install for each and do I start with the installer I currently have (version 6x) and upgrade from within the software? Thanks much.

1Password Version: 4 and 6
    Extension Version: 4.4.3 and 6.8.9
    OS Version: Mountain Lion to El Capitan, Yosemite to High Sier
    Sync Type: iCloud
    Referrer: forum-search:Uninstall 1Password 4 from Mountain Lion computer before clean-install upgrade to El Cap?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@awerneke: You don't need to uninstall it beforehand. Just upgrade the OS and then install the newest supported version of 1Password. 1Password 6 will work on El Capitan and High Sierra. Just make sure you update/install it from the place you purchased it -- our website or the Mac App Store. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• awerneke
    awerneke
    Community Member

Thanks, Brenty! :) Have a happy new year! Angela

• awerneke
    awerneke
    Community Member

Thanks, Brenty! :) Have a happy new year! Angela

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2018

You're very welcome! Happy New Year to you too! We're here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.