Fingerprint Unlock doesnt show anymore in my iphone .... I dont remember the Master Password ....

jmcp
jmcp
Community Member

When I open the app I cant get to use the Fingerprint Unlock ... It only shows the Master password option wich I forgot.. Iam stuck and cant get to reach my info...This is very rare as I have been using the fingerprint option for months or even years with no problems since a few days ago. I have attached a view of my phone after opening the app.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Fingerprint Unlock doesnt show anymore in my iphone .... I dont remember the Master Password ....

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jmcp: You will need to enter the Master Password correctly. There's just no way around that. We don't have it and can't "reset" it for you. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you regain access:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Or, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly. Please let me know how it turns out.

• jmcp
    jmcp
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty!!! Last night I erased tha app and redownloaded from the Apple store. The Touch ID is working I have a new master password.... but no files yet. I think I have backup in Dropbox because I see a file from password1 there so my job now is to make this two work. I have to find how to “restore from backup”. I will let you know!! Thanks very much.
    Juan Manuel

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jmcp: Sure thing! If you have your 1Password data in Dropbox, it's pretty easy. When you open 1Password the first time after installing, just scroll down and select the Dropbox option and choose your existing vault. :)

• jmcp
    jmcp
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty!!! Last night I erased tha app and redownloaded from the Apple store. The Touch ID is working I have a new master password.... but no files yet. I think I have backup in Dropbox because I see a file from password1 there so my job now is to make this two work. I have to find how to “restore from backup”. I will let you know!! Thanks very much.
    Juan Manuel

• jmcp
    jmcp
    Community Member

Brenty, I dont find the Dropbox option ..... This is 1password 7.2.5 and my iphone is a 6S IOS 11.4

By the way, this morning I changed my apple ID password and the new downloaded 1password app inmediatly stop let me touch ID access. Just as before. (This time I use the master pw)

Thanks!!

• jmcp
    jmcp
    Community Member

Ok guys... Is over for me... I can't restore the files I have in dropbox. Anyway I think they are useless.. (Folder is "1password", then "1password.opvault", then "default" and finally "files .js")
    I have lost a few years of passwords and other important information. Never again!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jmcp: I'm not sure what you're having trouble with exactly, but I'm not giving up on you. 1Password.opvault is a 1Password vault. Have you tried opening that in 1Password? It doesn't sound like you saved a backup of your data, but you don't need one if you didn't delete your vault. Just choose the Dropbox option when setting up for iOS the first time, and then select that vault in Dropbox and you should be all set. Let me know how it goes. :)

This discussion has been closed.