Filling in but opening a new browser window unexpectedly

shaunieo
shaunieo
Community Member

When I fill in the user and password it does it but will open a new browser window, and sometimes will be in incognito mode. just started happening a few months ago. Using chrome and browser extension.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.9 (689001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:incognito

Comments

• @shaunieo,

We found and fixed this particular issue in 1Password 7, so you'll want to either get the paid standalone upgrade or a 1Password.com/eu/ca subscription in order to take advantage of that fix.

• big_data
    big_data
    Community Member
    edited March 2019

I'm having a similar problem, also running 1Password 6 Version 6.8.9, Chrome 73.0.3683.86, under Macos 10.11.6.

If I attempt to fill the user and password in an incognito tab a new tab (non-incognito) will open and login. This totally defeats the purpose of using incognito.

I don't understand your suggestion to upgrade to 1Password7 as it isn't compatible with Macos 10.11.6.
    Is there another why to address this issue? Thanks.

• @big_data

In order to address this issue you would need to upgrade macOS as well. We'd always recommend keeping up to date with the latest versions of all of your software, but especially 1Password, your operating system, and your web browser. I'm not aware of any other way around it, but I will keep an ear out for workarounds.

Ben

• big_data
    big_data
    Community Member

My iMac 9,1 is upgraded as far as the hardware allows which is macos 10.11.6.

What about "the paid standalone upgrade or a 1Password.com/eu/ca subscription in order to take advantage of that fix." recommended by @rudy ? What that be a possibility for me?

• @big_data

Upgrading to a membership would get you access to use 1Password 7 at no additional cost, but that doesn't circumvent the system requirements unfortunately. I'm not aware of any solution at this point beyond upgrading the Mac, but as I say I'll keep an ear out for other options.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.