Trial Subscription Not Syncing

Sandigt
Sandigt
Community Member

I have just started the trial subscription. Information is not syncing between the web, iphone and app. I also tried to sync through icloud, but the sync option is not available in preferences on the app.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:sync trial

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Sandigt! The reason the option to sync via iCloud is not available is because when you use a 1password.com account, your data are synced via the 1password.com servers, not Dropbox or iCloud or any other 3rd party service. That's one of the many benefits.

Did you previously have 1Password data that was in a standalone vault synced via iCloud or Dropbox? Or are you a brand-new user?

• Sandigt
    Sandigt
    Community Member

I am a brand-new user. How can I get the information to sync through the 1password servers?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Sandigt - if you have only one account, the syncing should be automatic: just sign into the account within the 1Password app on any device, and you should be good to go. If you've inadvertently created (or become a member of) more than one account, however, you may want to check Preferences > Accounts (Settings > 1Password Accounts on iOS) to make sure you aren't signed into different accounts on different devices.

• Sandigt
    Sandigt
    Community Member

When I looked under accounts on the app (installed on my computer) it shows one account with a vault named "personal." When I go to the web (Chrome), it looks like the same account but the two vaults are called "private" and "shared." The iphone is now syncing with the web, but the app on my computer is not syncing with either the phone or web.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Sandigt - if you have one account that says "Personal" for vaults and another that says "Private" and "Shared," then it sounds very much like you created two different accounts, an Individual 1Password account as well as a 1Password Families account. Here's how to tell: what is the Secret Key for each one? Do not post that information here -- but check them against one another. If they match, then it's the same account and something VERY strange is going on. If they're different, though, then I'm probably right in my guess.

If that turns out to be the case, then you'll need to decide whether you would like to keep the 1Password Families account, or the Individual account. That will depend on your situation. But regardless, once you decide, all you need to do is sign IN to the account you want to keep on the device that currently has the OTHER account on it -- so you (temporarily) have BOTH on that device. Then, transfer any data you might need to keep from the un-needed account to the one you plan to keep, and finally, remove that un-needed account from any devices on which it exists. Make sure you also visit that un-needed account in a browser and remove any payment details, so you're not charged for it.

• Sandigt
    Sandigt
    Community Member

That solved the problem! I had created a different account on the app. I now have the same Family account on all three devices. Thank you!!! Do I need to be worried about being charged for the second account on the app I have now deleted?

• Sandigt
    Sandigt
    Community Member

Since I deleted the account, I don't know what the sign-in address was assigned to that account. Can I locate that account using my email address?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Sandigt - I can't really say. If you added a credit card for payment (or you signed up with an Apple subscription), then yes, you'll be billed for the account you don't need/want. The way to stop this would be to sign into that account (the one you don't want) in a browser, then click the Billing tab and remove your credit card details. Without a payment method, the account will enter Frozen status, and you won't be billed. However, if you never added a payment method, then you wouldn't be charged anyway -- but you should definitely check. :)

• Sandigt
    Sandigt
    Community Member

I only put my credit card information in once when I signed up for the Family Trial on the web site. I must have created a new account on the computer app without putting in payment information. Is that possible?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Sandigt - it's definitely possible...but you're encouraged to add your CC info when you sign up. However, if you're certain you did not add payment information for the unneeded account, then no worries. :)

• Sandigt
    Sandigt
    Community Member

Thank you so much for all of your help!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Sandigt - you're quite welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.