How do I determine which syncing method is in use?

dpdannemiller
dpdannemiller
Community Member

I am a long time 1Password user. Before Families, I used Dropbox to sync across my devices. I now have a Family subscription with one Personal vault and one Shared vault. Two questions:
1) I would like to find out what syncing method is being used for each vault. I have found articles on how to setup the various syncing methods, but can't find information on how to determine what method is in use. I have a file named "1Password.agilekeychain" in Dropbox with a recent date/time stamp, so suspect at least one of the vaults is still syncing through DB.
2) I would like to get all syncing through 1password.com. If I have a vault syncing through DB, how do I convert?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6, iOS 12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dpdannemiller

Do you have a vault called "Primary" on any of your devices? If not then 1Password is only syncing via 1Password.com.

Ben

• dpdannemiller
    dpdannemiller
    Community Member

All my devices have the same 2 vaults - Personal and Shared. No Primary, so it seems my syncing is through 1Password.com. Feature request: Provide a direct method to determine what syncing method is being used for each vault.

What is touching the file on Dropbox? Is it safe to delete that file?

• If you don't have a "Primary" vault on any devices then 1Password isn't touching Dropbox at all and you can delete that file. Thanks for the feedback.

Ben

• dpdannemiller
    dpdannemiller
    Community Member

Thank you for the quick help. Happy New Year.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update. Glad Ben was able to help. Happy New year to you too! We're here if you need us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.