Searching in 1PW Mini

danco
danco
Volunteer Moderator

I am having trouble with the search function in the Mini. This seems to be recent.

Specifically, in the past when I typed the start of the name of an identity the focus moved to be on that identity. Now, this sometimes works and sometimes puts the focus somewhere completely different. I haven't worked out what the difference is.

The reason I want to use Search to get the focus on the identity is that I had a macro (using Keyboard Maestro) to fill in the identity with a single key-stroke, and this is no longer satisfactory. Of course, someone might be able to suggest another sequence of strokes to put the focus on the identity.

I attach a screen shot that shows the oddity when I type part of the name.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @danco,

what happens if you just type me comp ?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I don't really understand what is going on, as I seem to get different results at different times. Sometimes, as soon as I type M it takes me to the logins, and continues in the logins when I type further characters. Sometimes it does put the focus on the identity, particularly if I go as far as the en-dash of " Me - comp". And sometimes it brings up the identity immediately. There must be some logic behind this, but I haven't worked it out.

• @danco,

So in mini, if i recall what @Andrew_AG wrote, it attempts two kinds of matches. first is a direct string match, those should bubble up to the top. followed by partial ranked matching. do you see the same result if you type 'me - comp' in the quick open window?

having items as favorites also impacts their position in the search results, those should bubble to the top of the results as well.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

When you say the "quick open window" do you mean the 1PW item in the main menu bar, invoked by ctrl-cmd-\ ? That's what I am using.. As you see from the screenshot in the first post., they don't seem to bubble up.

What I had not realised is that if you place focus on an item, then close the window by clicking outside it, the next time the window is opened it will be the same as last time (rather than having a default of Search). That might help me.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@danco - no, pretty sure rudy meant the Quick Open window.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

I'm sure you're right. I didn't know that shortcut and its uses.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@danco - sounds like a fun New Year's Day project, then! Happy New Year to you, BTW. :love:

This discussion has been closed.