Logins disappearing - again!

Options

For the second time in a few months, logins are suddenly disappearing. The backup folder lets me track this: the first time was 11/18/18, when the number of items dropped from 402 to 381. The second time was 12/28/18, when it dropped from 394 to 376. What is causing this? I have made no changes to the software. I am using 4.6.2.626, on Windows 10. The vault is stored in DropBox.
Thanks, Adriaan Sachtler

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @AdriaanSachtler,

Thanks for reporting this.

I've moved your thread to our 1Password 4 forum since you're using an old version of 1Password.

Please check your Dropbox sync history to see what may have caused that issue, see if you can find who started deleting the items. 1Password 4 itself does not do any syncing, it's only the Dropbox app that does, which means you have to look at your Dropbox setup first to see what may have happened.

Please check your Dropbox apps and other computers, make sure they're all up to update on all of your computers and make sure you do not have other sync tools working with your Dropbox folder for 1Password. If you have more than one sync tool working on the same folder, they can use problems.

• AdriaanSachtler
    AdriaanSachtler
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not sure what could be causing a problem. The 1Password file is in my private Dropbox folder which is only shared with one other person/computer (my wife's). Our android phone's have the read-only version of 1-password, they cannot change the file. This was never a problem and now it happened twice in a few months.
    Suggestions? Adriaan

• Hi @AdriaanSachtler,

Did you check version history of your 1Password files on Dropbox.com with this guide: https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/file-activity

If you did and didn't see anything strange, you can email us your 1Password diagnostics report and we can try to see what it may have been. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• AdriaanSachtler
    AdriaanSachtler
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,
    the Dropbox activity logs are not useful to me, I don't see anything correlating with these events but since the 1Password information consists of many different files the purpose of which I don't understand it's hard to know what I am looking at.
    I will email the diagnostics report.
    Adriaan

• The diagnostics will certainly help, @AdriaanSachtler, thank you. As for Dropbox, anything that changed in the vault folder (usually called 1Password.opvault or 1Password.agilekeychain) would be potentially relevant. Which actual files may have changed depends on whether you use the Agile Keychain or OPVault format, but the diagnostics will tells us much of what we need to know and if we do need to know about any changes on Dropbox, we can ask more specific questions armed with that additional info, so no need to stress about it now. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.