Upgrade from single user to a family account

kimawilliams
kimawilliams
Community Member

Purchased a single user account from App Store and I want to upgrade to Family account now. What do i do?

1Password Version: 6.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Upgrade from single user to family account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kimawilliams - That's awesome! Glad to hear you're bringing your family on board with the security of 1Password! To switch from an Apple subscription for just you to a 1Password Families subscription, you'll need to first cancel your Apple subscription. You can do that via this link.

Once you've canceled your subscription at Apple, drop back by here and let me know, and I'll take care of a little housekeeping in our back office to allow you to subscribe to 1Password Families via our built-in Billing page in your account. NOTE: you may get an email informing you that your account is Frozen -- this would be because you removed your payment method. If this happens, ignore it, as we'll be remedying that as part of this process. Let us know when you've canceled your Apple subscription, and we'll continue!

• kimawilliams
    kimawilliams
    Community Member

Lars,
    I think its cancelled. Site is very confusing. Selected free month and hit cancel at the top and selected monthly subscription and hit cancel at the top. Your move based on this email.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kimawilliams - OK. It actually appears as if you have multiple 1Password accounts registered under this email address. It also looks as if you've emailed us. Because of the personally-identifying nature of some of this, I'm going to email you back privately and we'll continue the conversation via email, if that's OK with you.

ref: FLV-97851-959

• chunchine
    chunchine
    Community Member

I would also like to upgrade my single user account to a family account. I don't think it was an apple subscription. I think I purchased directly from Agilebits. How can I do it?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chunchine: Just to be clear, you will only have an account if you signed up for a 1Password.com membership. If that's what you're using, you can simply sign into your account on the website and click "Invite People" on the right to switch to a 1Password Families plan:

https://my.1password.com/

However, if you don't have a 1Password.com membership at all (and, therefore, no account — perhaps you purchased a standalone license), you can easily sign up and get started:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

And if you shoot us an email at support@1password.com and post the Support ID here, I'll be happy to help you make the transition. Cheers! :)

• BlessedPsycho
    BlessedPsycho
    Community Member

Hi there! I was having the same problem as the original poster. I've now cancelled my iTunes subscription and would like to change over to the Families subscription. Thanks for your help in advance!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BlessedPsycho: I'll be in touch with you via email. :)

ref: LLE-69587-768

• BlessedPsycho
    BlessedPsycho
    Community Member

Hi there. I still haven't gotten an email. iTunes shows my subscription has expired, but the website still says to go to iTunes to manage my subscription.

• Hi @BlessedPsycho

Brenty sent an email to the address you have registered on this forum back on December 23rd. I'm going to resend that email now. Please check your spam folder if you still do not receive it. If it doesn't arrive in either your inbox or your spam folder please try adding support@agilebits.com and support@1password.com to your contacts and we can try sending again.

Ben

• BlessedPsycho
    BlessedPsycho
    Community Member

I got the email and just sent in my response. Thank you so much!

• kristipalmer
    kristipalmer
    Community Member

Hello - I am also an individual/annual subscriber via iTunes/Apple, and would like to change to the Family plan. Before I cancel my plan I wanted to confirm that someone here will be able to help with what sounds like unfortunate housekeeping. Thanks in advance :-D

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019

@kristipalmer - I'm not sure what you're asking: Apple provides no way to easily transition users in the Mac App Store between an Individual membership and 1Password Families. So, to make that change, we do this regularly. I've sent you an email to the address you used to register for this forum. If you don't receive it, please check your Spam or Bulk email folder, as sometimes overzealous spam filters can mark unsolicited email from us as junk.

ref: ZXN-32318-123

• kristipalmer
    kristipalmer
    Community Member

Thank you Lars, I got your message and have sent my reply.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• rrodriguez
    rrodriguez
    Community Member

I am trying to convert my account from single user to a family, but I dont see where to do that on the mac app. Can you help, I have this ticket from a email request I made. #DUE-51472-533

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @rrodriguez! Please see my above comments -- if you subscribed via the Mac App Store using the in-app purchase, then there is no easy way to transition directly from an individual 1Password account to a 1Password Families account. I've replied to your email, so let's continue the conversation that way.

ref: DUE-51472-533

• rrodriguez
    rrodriguez
    Community Member

Thanks, I've responded to your email.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• HaroldC
    HaroldC
    Community Member

I would like to purchase a family membership for me and my wife. I started with a standalone version 4 many years ago, and I am currently using standalone version 7. My data appears to be accessed through an old Apple ID that I really don't use but I cannot cancel the old Apple ID without losing all my stored passwords. I am now sharing my old Apple ID with my current Apple ID that was created in 2017, so that I can still access my passwords. I would like to discontinue the use of 1Password from the Apple store all together, and purchase a family membership directly from your company. I will then migrate all of my data to the family membership and delete the 1Password Apple account/APP. What do I need to do to make this happen as soon as possible?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HaroldC: Just follow the steps in this guide:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

That will take you through signing up, migrating your data, and setting up your devices. You can use either the Mac App Store version of 1Password or download the app directly from us -- either way, you just sign into your account to set it up.

After that, you just need to invite your family so they will have their own accounts under your 1Password Families membership, with their own Master Password and Private vault which only they can access, and any vaults you share with them:

https://support.1password.com/family-sharing/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• HaroldC
    HaroldC
    Community Member

Thank you Brently, I will set up my new family account today !

• Glad we could help,

Please let us know if you need any assistance or have any questions in the future!

• michaelwolfnyc
    michaelwolfnyc
    Community Member

Okay, me too. I just cancelled my single user account from App Store. Can you please do whatever magic "housekeeping" you need to do now so that I can get signed up for 1Password for Families. Thanks!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019

@michaelwolfnyc: It doesn't look like you've contacted us yet at support@1password.com so I'll email you shortly to get the ball rolling.

ref: QIK-73538-572

• mloveday5
    mloveday5
    Community Member

I am trying to move from the single to families subscription. I canceled my current account but didn't see a way to upgrade since my subscription is still active through 2020.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mloveday5! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• mloveday5
    mloveday5
    Community Member

Here is my ticket number [#HWN-29152-342]

Thank you for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @mloveday5! I see that Brian already got back to you via email ;)

• ronedwards
    ronedwards
    Community Member

Hi team - I too would like to upgrade to families and pay via the Apple App Store. I'm sure I subscribed, but maybe that won't kick in until my trial expires, can you do your back end fiddling for me so I can set that up and pay please?

Thanks
    Ron

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ronedwards!

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.