Cmd-h doesn't hide the main window

Options
sebpennec
sebpennec
Community Member

Hello all, a happy new year to everyone! 😊

I'm running into a strange problem: when I hit cmd-h to hide the main 1Password window, it doesn't do anything. The 1Password menu label does blink, so I guess the shortcut is actually handled, but the window doesn't hide, it stays on the screen.

The 1Password install is brand new, since I just got the machine (Mac Book Pro 15, if that's any help). Otherwise, everything works perfectly fine.

So that's a tiny problem, but if anybody has encountered it before, I'd be happy to know how to get cmd-h working 😊

All the best,

Sébastien

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sebpennec - I'm sorry for the trouble! However, I'm also unable to reproduce that behavior here, so I'm thinking something may be up with your general system state currently. Please Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and then re-launch 1Password 7 from your Applications folder and let me know if that has any affect on your ability to hide the main window.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

It's working fine for me at the moment, also on 1PW 7.2.4 and OS 10.14.2. But I'm fairly sure I have run into this issue once or twice. I will report if it occurs again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @danco. :)

• rudy
    Options

@danco,

I wouldn't spend too much energy on trying to get it to happen, we already have code changes around cmd H that didn't make it into 7.2.4 but will be in the 7.2.5 betas.

• sebpennec
    sebpennec
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Lars for the "full quit" shortcut. It solved the problem! 😊

I've been using 1Password for years, and only had a few issues to report to the forums, but it's always been a pleasure to talk with the support team! Thanks so much for your help!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sebpennec - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to assist, and Happy New Year. :)

This discussion has been closed.