To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Secret Key will not work

mg115
mg115
Community Member

Due to the upgrade (lack of a better word) of the chrome extension, I had to reinstall the extension. It is asking me for my username, password and secret key. When I enter my secret key the messages says one of the inputs (username, password, secret key) is incorrect. I checked and tried again. I requested an email with all of the accounts registered to me and the info matches what I am entering.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 1.13.1
OS Version: 10.14.02
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @mg115! I'm sorry for the trouble. It looks as if you've installed 1Password X instead of our usual extension that accompanies 1Password for Mac. Did you intend to do that? 1Password X requires a 1password.com membership, so if you don't have one of those (in other words: if you've been using 1Password in standalone mode), then you won't have a Secret Key and you'll need to delete 1Password X and then install the extension that accompanies 1Password for Mac.

• mg115
    mg115
    Community Member

thanks, I will check again. I paid for a membership and I have a secret key. I received an email confirming the first series of numbers in my key and they match what I have.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mg115 - it isn't that you can't use 1Password X, it's that 1Password X does not communicate (directly) with the native application you have on your Mac. Please try disabling 1Password X and installing the extension designed to accompany 1Password for Mac, and see if that helps.

This discussion has been closed.