Is it possible to download IOS-version of 1Password at App-Store for family-members under 17 years?

dtwagner
dtwagner
Community Member

I ask, because we are not able to download the current version to my child (12 years) because the version into Apple App-Store is listed for persons above 17 Years.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Is it possible to download IOS-version of 1Password7 at App-Store for family-members under 17 years?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dtwagner: No. Apple's store rules require that any app with a built in web browser be classified as 17+, which will prevent it from being installed with parental controls in place. Sorry.

• dtwagner
    dtwagner
    Community Member

Ok, thank you for the answer.
    But how does the Familiy-License work within a Family on IOS Devices?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dtwagner - if you have family members who are under 17 and use iOS devices, you'd need to turn off the Parental Controls - at least long enough to get 1Password downloaded and installed. I'm not sure what happens if you turn Parental Controls back ON after you install a 17+ app, but I don't think it would remove the app arbitrarily (and even if it did, the data would not be lost, as that resides on 1password.com servers, not just within any one app). If you choose not to disable Parental Controls, then the under-17 members of your account would still be able to use a 1Password app on both Windows and Mac desktops, as well as Android devices.

This discussion has been closed.