To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I purchased a 1 password account a few years ago and now my account is frozen I have the Key/the Sec

Darwin Thomas
Darwin Thomas
Community Member

I purchased a password a few years ago and now my account is frozen I have the password Emergency Kit but no matter what I do it is to no avail. I am guessing that I need some detailed instructions to remove the frozen aspect.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:frozen account

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

We need a bit more information to be able to answer. reliably

But as you bought 1PW a few years ago and have the Emergency kit, what is quite likely is that you have a licence (for version 6, licenced versions of 1PW7 require a chargeable new licence), started an account (the word "account" is used by AgileBits to refer to the subscription, and Emergency Kits only exist with the sub), but never paid for a sub, in which case you account would get frozen.

If I am right, the solutions are to return to the licence (sign out of your subscription account and use the Primary vaut) or to subscribe.

Note that a frozen account is still available read-only, so it might help if you can say if you have passwords in a Primary account, a Personal account, or where.

• Jacob
    edited June 2018

Hey @Darwin Thomas! Could you get back to us with the details danco mentioned please? If you simply can't sign in to your account, let us know and we'll reach out via email to get things moving.

ref: VVR-61268-952

• Darwin Thomas
    Darwin Thomas
    Community Member

I am so messed up that I have removed everything 1 Password from my computer. I would like start over and stay with license version guessing that is Password 4. So what I would like is a link to down load 1 Password and use my license. I can start my vault from scratch I have no problem with that.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Just a heads-up that the upgrades from 1PW4 to 1PW5 and 1PW5 to 1PW6 were free (though the upgrade to 1PW7 is a paid one).

So you should be able to use 1PW6 which can be downloaded from an "Older versions" section towards the bottom of the main Downloads page. I would not recommend this as a long-term solution, but it is certainly acceptable in the short term.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Darwin Thomas - just following up here: do you still need assistance?

This discussion has been closed.